Home Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Oklahoma City, OK - Dialysis
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job ID 21000DTQAvailable Openings 2Position Specific Information
5k sign on bonus for qualified candidates DescriptionInspire and
inform each patient. Allow others to achieve their most important
objectives while you achieve yours. Improve their prospects-and the
vitality of your career. Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America. Create strong, vital
connections with your knowledge and kind reassurance. Enhance lives
and your potential for success with the global leader in dialysis
healthcare: Fresenius Medical Care North America. By forming
powerful bonds among patients, their families, and our team
members, we have built an atmosphere of clinical excellence and
trust. Offering vast resources, we advance careers and the
healthcare of countless individuals. Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are
the impressive qualities you'll find in the Fresenius Leadership
Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive
global network provide our employees with the best of both
worlds-the friendliness of a local organization and the stability
of a worldwide organization-for diverse experiences and challenging
career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care
team, you'll be welcomed into a company that is built on the
philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our
career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of
renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at
1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of
camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional
support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare-- quality control, and
certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and
advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune's "World's Most Admired Companies" in
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and
community outreach programs. Staff RN Take this opportunity to
build a promising career with a healthcare leader. The professional
we select will provide direct patient care, perform all technical
dialysis procedures, assess response and make appropriate
adjustments as directed by supervisor or physician. This individual
will assess patient and document findings, administer medications,
as well as assess and address patient/family educational needs
regarding end-stage renal disease, dialysis therapy, diet and
medications. PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports FMCNA's mission, vision,
core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA
Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS
policy requirements. Functions as a member of the Home Dialysis
Team as the Home Therapy Staff Nurse. Ensures provision of quality
Home Dialysis Training and patient care in accordance with FMS
policies, procedures and the UltraCare at Home principles. Supports
FMCNA's commitment to the Quality Assessment Performance
Improvement Program (QAPI)) and CQI activities, including those
related to patient satisfaction. Actively participates in Quality
Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) process that may enhance
the likelihood that patients will achieve established FMCNA Quality
Target Goals. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and
customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external
and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
manner. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides safe and effective training and oversight of the
delivery of home dialysis therapy to the patient in compliance with
standards outlined in the FMS Home Peritoneal Dialysis Policy and
Procedure Manual, or/Home Hemodialysis Policy and Procedure Manual
, as well as regulations set forth by the Corporation, state and
federal agencies. Accountable for providing outstanding quality of
patient care, as defined by FMS quality goals and standards.
- Assists in the identification, evaluation and selection of Home
Dialysis training candidates, and Home Partners as appropriate for
the FMS Home Dialysis Program,
- Educates the patient/Home Partner and family regarding ESRD and
the availability of the FMS Treatment Options Program.(TOP)
- Performs assessment of the Home Dialysis training candidate's
home environment for suitability in the ongoing delivery of home
- Assesses the Home Dialysis patient and Home Partner/family
readiness and potential ability to perform dialysis treatments at
- Participates in and ensures all FMCNA policies regarding
patient admission, transfer, and discharge are appropriately
- Admits all new home patients and documents the appropriate
processes as required by policy and procedure.
- Provides safe and effective delivery of home dialysis training
and education to patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) who
have selected a home modality as a dialysis therapy.
- Trains the home dialysis candidate/Home Partner as appropriate
on the safe and effective operation and maintenance of all home
dialysis equipment and treatment supplies through an organized and
formalized Home Dialysis Training Program.
- Provides ongoing education to patients regarding their renal
dialysis, peritoneal or vascular access and home dialysis therapy,
and other related health conditions.
- Assesses and manages patients' response to home dialysis
training and treatment therapy by following prescribed
- Communicates patient related issues to the physician as
- Reports adverse patient events at home or in the clinic, as
well as equipment and technology related problems to the Clinical
Manager/Home Therapy Program Manager, and physician including the
correct documentation of such events.
- Coordinates the transfer or discharge of patients to the
hemodialysis or transplant clinic when needed and appropriate.
- Reviews, transcribes, and enters physician lab orders
accurately into Proton,AMI or Ecube medical information systems as
- Follows company policies and government regulations related to
the collection, packaging, and delivery of lab specimens and
reporting of results.
- Maintains competency with all emergency operational procedures,
and initiates CPR and emergency measures in the event of a cardiac
and/or respiratory arrest when the patient is in the dialysis
- Administers medications as prescribed including following
prescribed algorithms (as appropriate), and documents appropriate
medical justification if indicated and maintains records on
controlled substances as required by law.
- Documents all relevant data including physician orders, lab
results, vital signs, and treatment parameters, and patient status
and any treatment related data appropriately, and enters into the
appropriate medical information system.
- Completes all monthly and annual reporting as required by FMS
policies and government regulations.
- Submits CQI information to Clinical Manager or Program Manager
for completion of HT QAI Template for inclusion in facility QAPI
- Participates in all monthly QAPI meetings and all required
staff meetings as scheduled.
- Rotates coverage with other licensed staff to ensure reliable
and adequate coverage and participates in 24/7 on-call coverage as
- Participate in staff training and orientation of new staff as
- Maintains appropriate skill level in the operation of all home
dialysis therapy-related equipment, including the ability to
troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via
- Directs patients in the appropriate routine maintenance of home
dialysis equipment, including water systems procedures as
appropriate, immediately reporting any water/dialysate problems to
the facility Home Dialysis technical support staff.
- Coordinates with the FMCNA RTG the ordering and delivery of the
patient's initial dialysis supplies; the ordering of the patient's
dialysis equipment as appropriate at the initiation of the training
program; and the on-going operation and preventative maintenance of
all home dialysis equipment through facility Technical support
staff, or through the appropriate equipment vendor as
- Other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
CONDITIONS: The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test
as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test
Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider
whether reasonable accommodations can be made. Day to day work
includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with
patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires
travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the
community. Travel to regional, division and Corporate meetings may
be required. The work environment is characteristic of a health
care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED
- Minimum of one year nursing experience required.
- Minimum of three months (twelve weeks) Home Dialysis Training
- Experience must be specific to the modality of Home Dialysis
Training that the staff member will be providing, ie; Peritoneal
Dialysis or Home Hemodialysis.
- Must have successfully completed a training course in the
theory and practice of dialysis therapy/ hemodialysis or peritoneal
- Medical-surgical nursing experience and ICU experience
preferred but not required.
- Competent at operating all Home Dialysis related
- Successfully complete CPR certification with maintenance as
- Icd-9 coding Training.
- Demonstrated teaching abilities using Adult Learning
principles. EO/AA Employer:
Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Oklahoma City , Home Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Oklahoma City, OK - Dialysis, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!