OCOM - Inpatient Charge Nurse - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Med Surg
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
EVERY DAY GIVING EXCELLENCE "Each Patient, Each Family, Each &
Every Time" Our staff is committed to creating an environment in
which patients not only receive the best quality care but also the
highest level of service. The staff works to continuously improve
the processes that are important in meeting the needs of patients,
their families, our physicians, and their staff. If you are looking
for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth,
we encourage you to apply for our Inpatient Charge Nurse--opening.
We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates
will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and
apply today! -- **$5,000 Sign On Bonus Available** -- -- -- Overall
Responsibility:-- -- Inpatient Charge Nurse provides Inpatient unit
supervision and direction to unit employees; providing them the
knowledge, skills, tools and methods to foster a complete
understanding of quality patient care. Works under the supervision
of the Inpatient Manager -- -- -- Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job.-- Duties, responsibilities, and activities
may change at any time with or without notice. -- -- -- Key tasks
and responsibilities --
- Monitors work performed by RN, LPN, CNA, NA and PT staff to
ensure that physician instructions are carried out and that the
patient receives proper care.
- Ensures quality patient care through the review of complaints,
suggestions, and comments.
- Provides unit education and training new and current
- Prepares unit for emergency preparedness requirements,
including maintaining the crash cart checklist, following current
policy and procedures.
- Monitors quality control measures for unit equipment and
procedures in accordance with hospital policy.
- Inspects patient rooms and areas to ensure unit personnel
maintain cleanliness standards and order supplies for the unit
area, such as drugs, equipment and medical supplies. Directs the
activities of workers responsible for ordering materials.-- This
includes maintenance of drug records for the unit area.--
- Serves as a liaison between the unit employee, physicians, and
operational leadership with the Inpatient Manager.
- Assists case manager with patient referral for continuing care
in orthopedic rehabilitation or home health services, as well as
outpatient rehabilitation if needed.
- Attends required meetings and participates in unit activities
and professional development activities.
- Prepares unit agenda with Unit Manager and facilitates unit
aspects of quarterly meetings.
- Ability to prioritize and manage critical issues, utilizing
problem solving skills with the ability to operate under pressure
in a calm and professional manner.
- Assists in departmental budgets and staffing.
- Establishes an effective day-to-day operational schedule with
the OR, PACU staff to provide efficient flow and completion of
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and evaluate data,
- Systematic and ongoing assessment based on patient/family
- Diagnostic tests results and other clinical information;
- Response to medical and/or nursing care/treatment;
- Behavioral responses;
- Developmental needs;
- Cultural responses/needs;
- Educational needs.
- Ensures delegated nursing care for patients/families is
provided according to plans developed by treatment team and within
the confines of the applicable practice acts.
- Performs care interventions in accordance with the Oklahoma
Nurse Practice Act.
- Participates regularly in educational activities related to
practice. Collaborates with mentor to identify learning needs and
seeks experiences to develop clinical skills. -- -- Benefits: -- At
OCOM we recognize our staff as our number one asset, and are proud
to offer them: --
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance policy for employee with option to
purchase additional coverage for employee, spouse and/or
- Company Paid Long Term Disability.
- Company Paid AD&D insurance.
- Short Term Disability available for purchase.
- 401(k) with a generous match.
- 7 paid holidays.
- High competitive salaries with bonuses and incentives.
- Generous PTO accrual program and personal days.
- FSA & HSA programs.
- License/Education Reimbursement.
- Employee Discount Program on travel, shopping, daycare, and
- Incredible Work-Life balance. --Required Skills:Licensure and
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oklahoma.
- BCLS, if not current certification within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS required; if not current, obtain training within 6 months.
Required Experience:Experience required:-- Board Eligible Graduate
nurse or Associate's degree from an accredited two-year college or
university, or diploma in nursing.-- Prefer at least one year
medical-surgical nursing experience.
Keywords: USPI, Oklahoma City , OCOM - Inpatient Charge Nurse - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Med Surg, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!