Company: INTEGRIS Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Work with the team of clinical professional in the
Cardiovascular Surgical Unit--with the INTEGRIS Heart Hospital
located at Baptist Medical Center in NW OKC.
RN Supv Nursing
Job Code: 1363
Supervises and directs the daily activities on the nursing unit.
Oversees the coordination of care, in collaboration with other
health care professionals. Conducts quality, safety, experience and
leader rounding. Responsible for staffing, scheduling, supply
management, as well as advancements of ILOS. Acts as a mentor to
new grad RNs, provides just-in-time education, and clinical program
evidence-based practice deployment and advancement. May be required
to participate in on call status.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
* Develop and implement staffing plan for shift based on patient
acuity, patient census and available staff.
* Serve as a resource to staff for solving clinical problems.
Participates in patient and safety rounding and provides real time
feedback to staff.
* Assist staff to efficiently utilize staffing resources to meet
patient care requirements and other professional
* Provide for immediate follow-up, documentation and communication
of incidents to appropriate manager and director.
* Anticipate actual/potential problems that may occur on their
shift and sets shift priorities accordingly.
* Work collaboratively with nursing and ancillary staff to solve
problems in a fair, consistent manner.
* Provide support, guidance and feedback to staff; Give ongoing
timely feedback, verbal and written anecdotes, to staff on
performance. Written anecdotes are passed on to the nurse manager
or director to be used as part of performance evaluation.
* Assist staff to provide a safe work environment for patient
* Assist in the preparation and implementation of the annual goals
for the department.
* Consistently and independently follows established safety and
infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations.
The RN Supervisor Nursing's management of the delivery and
documentation of patient care includes, but is not limited to:
* development of the plan of care;
* implementation of appropriate patient care interventions; and
* evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions.
Reports to assigned Manager
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases,
blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
Keywords: INTEGRIS Health, Oklahoma City , RN Supervisor , Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!