Laboratory Supervisor - Blood Bank
Company: OU Medicine
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Under general direction supervises and coordinates the
day-to-day operation of the laboratory department. Responsibilities
listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to
perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may
result in disqualification from the position.
- Directs campus wide department activities of a laboratory
section with an emphasis on operational functions as needed for
- Recruits and evaluates personnel in the department.
- Manages equipment, materials, and supplies required in the
- Reports to Manager and performs duties delegated by
- Assists in orientation of new Blood Bank/HPC personnel,
promoting teamwork, positive attitude, initiative, and
- Makes decisions of moderate to complex difficulty according to
the policies and procedures of the department and the
- On a daily basis, interacts and responds to physicians and
fellow hospital staff in a professional manner, remembering that
patient care is our first concern. Handles confidential information
regarding patient records.
- Maintain staff schedules and ensure appropriate coverage for
- Monitor employee attendance, no lunches, PTO, and
- Provide staff coverage for continuing education opportunities.
Conduct team huddles and in-services.
- Prepare new employee training materials. Track and monitor
staff training. Ensure initial, 6 month, and annual competencies
are completed and submitted to Medical Director by due date
- Assist manager with capital equipment needs and strategic
planning for the department and the organization.
- Monitor staff compliance with all departmental and hospital
procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Works at the bench when needed General Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Graduate of MT/MLS/CLS program Experience: 4 years'
experience in a clinical laboratory.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: National
certification as a medical technologist or medical laboratory
scientist by a recognized organization (ASCP or AMT). Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory functions such as ability to solve
customer problems, performance improvement tools, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.--
- Must able to prioritize and manage several tasks at one
- Exhibits problem-solving abilities in areas such as testing for
blood group antigens, compatibility, antibody identification,
investigating abnormalities such as hemolytic diseases of the
newborn, hemolytic anemias, adverse reactions to transfusion, and
supporting healthcare providers in transfusion therapy for patients
with coagulopathies, or candidates for organ and cellular
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and honesty in
maintaining confidentiality. Maintains professional growth and
development through continuing education activities. Current OU
Medicine Employees - Please click HERE to login. OU Medicine, Inc.
is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many
more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package,
designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the
work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.
Posted 9 Days Ago Full time R0008868 About Us OU Medicine - along
with its academic partner, the University of Oklahoma Health
Sciences Center - is the state's only comprehensive academic health
system of hospitals, clinics and centers of excellence. OU Medicine
serves Oklahoma and the region with the state's only freestanding
children's hospital, the only National Cancer Institute-Designated
Stephenson Cancer Center as well as Oklahoma's flagship hospital,
OU Medical Center, which serves as the state's only Level 1 trauma
center, and OU Medical Center Edmond in the heart of the Edmond
community. OU Medical Center was recently recognized as a Top 100
Hospital by Becker's. Experts in prevention, treatment and cures,
our team works to improve lives through innovation in medical care,
education and research, while investing in the people, technologies
and facilities that will enable us to achieve our goals. We are
seeking individuals who have a passion and talent for caring for
others. By joining our team, you will provide quality health care
to our community through the work you do every day. We provide
clinical and non-clinical opportunities to further your career and
we invite you to explore our available positions. Equal employment
opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in
accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations
are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: OU Medicine, Oklahoma City , Laboratory Supervisor - Blood Bank, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!