Registered Nurse Home Health
Company: Excell Home Care & Hospice
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Why do you love home health? Excell's legacy of excellence is to
provide life-changing service to our Oklahomans. We're celebrating
25 years of excellence living this legacy; a history of high
quality care, administered by long-tenured, skilled professionals.
You can be part of a historic legacy that lives into the future! On
the heels of this year with COVID-19, there isn't a better time to
join and add your voice to our team. Being an advocate for quality
patient care, you and your 'why' changes the lives of our patients,
families, and healthcare partnerships in our Oklahoma City
community. Come be a beacon, and build into our legacy your
passion, your reason for life-changing home health care. We know
why we do this noble work, and just like you, together we make our
reason the one to call Excell Home Care & Hospice, home. Apply for
Excell Home Health and Hospice! EXCELL's mission is to provide the
highest quality of genuine care for our clients and their
I. JOB SUMMARY
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs/coordinates home
care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on
community health education/experience. The professional nurse
builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct
services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their
homes and communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and initiates the plan of care and assumes
responsibility for the ongoing interdisciplinary assessment and
development of the individualized plan of care in partnership with
the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s);
- Initiates proper preventative and rehabilitative nursing
procedures and provides services that are ordered by the physician
as indicated in the plan of care;
- Provides patient, caregiver, and family counseling;
- Provides patient and caregiver education;
- Prepares clinical notes;
- Communicates with the physician who is responsible for the home
health plan of care and other health care practitioners (as
appropriate) related to the current home health plan of care.
Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan
development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when
necessary and at least every sixty days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports any changes in the patient's condition;
obtains/receives physician's orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to
coordinate the care plan.
- Participating in the HHA's quality assessment and performance
improvement program and HHA-sponsored in-service training.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care
provided every two (2) weeks.
- Supervises Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)/ Licensed
Vocational Nurses (LVNs) and/or Home Health Aids (HHAs)/Certified
Nursing Assistants (CNAs), as directed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary
of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee
of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills &
- Must have graduated from an approved school of nursing and be
licensed in the state where practicing.
- Minimum of two years of experience, at least one of which is in
the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and
written communication skills; nursing skills per competency
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
home health aides.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and
equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or
crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing
Paid time off. Sick paid time off. Benefits: Medical. Dental.
Vision. 401K. All your information will be kept confidential
according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Excell Home Care & Hospice, Oklahoma City , Registered Nurse Home Health, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!