RN, Infusion - Chemotherapy
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital - Oklahoma CityWorker Type:PRN Job Highlights: Looking for
a RN opportunity where patients come first and you are valued as a
team member? This position is prn working in our cancer center at
the main campus. As a RN, you will be a vital member of the care
team for our patients. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of
presence begins with compassionate people like you.* Stack-able
Shift Differential Premiums additionally per hour when applicable
*Job Summary:Performs the primary functions of a Registered Nurse
in assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the
care of all assigned patients. Job Responsibilities and
Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively supports the practice of nursing.
- Assess needs and problems of the patient/family and
incorporates in the care plan.
- Collaborates with other departments as needed, to establish the
patient/family treatment plan.
- Competent in using department equipment such as point of care
testing equipment and intravenous infusion pumps as
- Develops, individualizes, implements, evaluates or updates the
plan of care and patient educational needs.
- Effectively demonstrates proper interpretation of department
specific policies and related laboratory results to safely manage
specific patient needs.
- Implements, monitors and records patient care and communicates
patient condition as appropriate. Takes appropriate actions to
unanticipated changes in patient condition.
- Possesses excellent intravenous insertion and assessment skills
to include peripheral and central line access.
- Works collaboratively with other interprofessional team members
in resolving patient/family problems, concerns and issues.
- Utilizes EHR to access treatment plans, therapy plans.
- As an SSM Health nurse, demonstrates the professional nursing
standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Utilizes the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her
response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of
our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of an approved school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Oncology Certified Nurse (AOCN) - Oncology Nursing Certification
Corporation (ONCC), Anticoagulation Therapy Management
Certification - University of Southern Indiana College of Nursing
and Health Professions, Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS
HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Certified Antigoagulation
Care Provider (CACP) - National Certification Board for
Anticoagulation Providers (NCBAP), Certified Oncology Nurse (OCN) -
American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Certified
Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurse (CPHON) - Oncology Nursing
Certification Corporation (ONCC), Certified Pediatric Oncology
Nurse (CPON) - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC),
Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate (ONS/ONCC) - Oncology Nursing
Society (ONS), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or
Compact Multi-State License, Vascular Access Certification (VA-BC)
- Vascular Access Certification Corporation (VACC)Work Shift:Day
Shift (United States of America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:
ChemotherapyScheduled Weekly Hours:0 SSM Health complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here Associated topics: care, care unit, coronary,
intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, psychiatric,
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN, Infusion - Chemotherapy, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!