RN - Hospice
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital - Oklahoma CityWorker Type:Regular Job Highlights:
Eligible for a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus! SSM Health at Home caregivers
bring exceptional healthcare services to your home! Whether your
recovering from an injury or learning to manage a chronic illness
or medical condition, our experienced caregivers will partner with
your physician to develop plan to optimize your quality of life.SSM
Health at Home also offers hospice services to patients with
terminal illnesses. We offer pain relief medication, spiritual and
counseling services, home medical equipment and therapy service.We
are seeking a Hospice RN Case Manager who is flexible, autonomous
and a self-starter with strong assessment, problem solving and
computer skills. In this position you will travel to patient homes
and facilities to provide end of life care. Our hospice team is
dedicated to helping patients achieve the best quality of life
possible, managing symptoms, pain, and anxiety, while providing
emotional and spiritual support for our patients and families.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM (Requires weekday
on-call and weekend/holiday rotation)Job Summary:Provides direct
nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures
and protocols of the healthcare organization. Job Responsibilities
and Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), Driver License - State of Work Location, Registered Nurse
(RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment: Home Care - OklahomaScheduled Weekly
Hours:40 SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex. Learn more here Associated
topics: asn, bsn, domiciliary, hospice, maternal, nurse, nurse rn,
psychatric, registed, surgical
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN - Hospice, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!