RN-Charge Nurse, Home Health/Hospice
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital - Oklahoma CityWorker Type:Regular Job Highlights: At SSM
Health at Home, we offer a range of services all with one goal: to
keep our patients as safe and independent as possible at home.SSM
Health at Home caregivers bring exceptional healthcare services to
your home! Whether your recovering from an injury or learning to
manage a chronic illness or medical condition, our experienced
caregivers will partner with your physician to develop plan to
optimize your quality of life.SSM Health at Home also offers
hospice services to patients with terminal illnesses. We offer pain
relief medication, spiritual and counseling services, home medical
equipment and therapy service. Our hospice team is dedicated to
helping patients achieve the best quality of life possible,
managing symptoms, pain, and anxiety, while providing emotional and
spiritual support for our patients and families. Job
Summary:Provides leadership and coordination of unit staffing while
ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient
care. Job Responsibilities and Requirements: PRIMARY
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure quality
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing
and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- One year of registered nurse experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), Driver License - State of Work Location, Registered Nurse
(RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment: Home Care - OklahomaScheduled Weekly
Hours:40 SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex. Learn more here Associated
topics: care, care unit, domiciliary, intensive, maternal, nurse
clinical, recovery, registed, tcu, transitional
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN-Charge Nurse, Home Health/Hospice, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!