Registered Nurse - RN - Imaging
Company: OU Medicine
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 14, 2020
SHIFT AVAILABLE: FULL-TIME, MONDAY - FRIDAY, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Under general supervision, provides nursing care in one of OUMI s
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position.
Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an
accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Assumes responsibility for an assigned group of patients
* Documents patient responses to nursing interventions and
prescribed medical treatments; notes all changes in physician order
on assigned patients
* Assists physician in the examination of patients and in
performing minor diagnostic procedures and treatment
* Obtains and monitors physiological data of patients, observes the
physiological manifestations of patients and intervenes when
* Administers medications as prescribed
* May Initiate, regulate and monitor intravenous infusions
* May perform venipuncture for lab testing
* May access ports for access for imaging procedures
* May perform venipuncture for IV access for imaging procedures
* May perform foley catheter placements for imaging procedures
* Delivers patient care competently
* Interacts with family and patient in sharing care plan while in
the hospital and at time of discharge
* Informs patient and family of hospital/imaging procedures
* Makes referral regarding patient care needs to appropriate
* Delegates tasks to support staff
* Performs other duties as assigned duties.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an approved school of nursing
EXPERIENCE: May require completion of orientation and ability to
function independently in assigned imaging area prior to being
assigned to this position.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Possession of a
valid license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a
Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. BLS (American Heart
Association) required upon hire. ACLS (American Heart Association)
and PALS (American Heart Association) within 1 year of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and
procedures. Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate
nursing services and apply nursing techniques. Ability to maintain
good working relationships with other employees. Good verbal and
written communication skills. Ability to respond effectively to
cultural and language needs of patients and visitors. Some computer
skills. Ability to work effectively as a part of a team providing
excellent specialized care.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in
accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations
are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: OU Medicine, Oklahoma City , Registered Nurse - RN - Imaging, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!