Nurse Manager - Behavioral Health - Gero
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Role Purpose: Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates, and modifies patient care on an assigned shift. With the unit leadership team, manages the delivery of patient care, manages unit personnel, provides liaison activities and unit leadership, and develops and implements approved unit projects and goals. Responsibilities:
- Assist staff in identifying and utilizing available clinical resources to provide holistic patient care based on the nursing process, including patient education and discharge planning. Make unit rounds to determine if patient care needs are being met. Ensures that the physical environment on the patient care unit promotes quality patient outcomes.
- Ensure safe and effective nursing care is delivered to patients. Ensure unit compliance with regulatory requirements to include: OSDH and Joint Commission requirements.
- Work collaboratively with physicians, staff, and other health care providers, to deliver excellent care, to provide ongoing education and management information for patients served, and to identify opportunities to improve care and correct problems that warrant reevaluation. Also work with patient, visitors, physicians, and other customers to agree on actions to be taken in response to complaints to patient care process.
- Utilizes advanced clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills and acts as a resource to staff, directors, and other departments throughout the hospital.
- Contributes to financial performance by participating in budget planning, holding all suppliers accountable for their services, and ensuring the unit operates efficiently and productively.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration in the planning and delivery of care to patients through support of conferences, consultation, and team planning to ensure nursing care is consistent with the therapies of other disciplines.
- Orchestrate change; create, cultivate, and inspire high-performing teams and employment strategies to promote excellence and achieve positive patient, team, and unit outcomes.
- Interview and select applicants to maintain adequate staffing levels and evaluate staff according to hospital policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned that correspond to the overall function of this position. Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Two years of experience as a registered nurse with progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- Must be a skilled problem solver and communicator. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Physical Requirements: Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations. Associated topics: assistant director, care manager, chief, critical care, director, director of nursing, line, officer, rgn, services manager
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Nurse Manager - Behavioral Health - Gero, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!