Engineering Design Project Manager
Company: Professional Engineering Consultants
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Professional Engineering ConsultantsEqual Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status Professional
Engineering Consultants (PEC) was founded more than a half century
ago as a full-service consulting firm providing mechanical,
electrical, structural, civil, transportation, water and
wastewater, land development, planning services; a broad range of
field work including survey, geotechnical, construction inspection,
and testing; as well as the all the essential professions it takes
to make it all come together for our public, private, and
industrial clients. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with
additional locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado,
our projects take us across the nation and around the world. At
PEC, our employees have a passion for the communities where they
work, live, and play. If you are looking for a career path that
provides the opportunity for you to reach your full potential, PEC
is the place to be. PEC's team culture is built on our ability to
solve problems through a collaborative process. We elevate each
other by aligning personal strengths to professional development.
Our engineers and staff do not just sit behind desks. We work
together with other teams, make site visits, take tours, meet
face-to-face with the clients, establish big goals, and set out to
achieve them. Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently and with others, with a minimum
level of supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for client
- Extensive knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- High level of comfort with business development
- Knowledge and high degree of skill in determining project
requirements, setting the project scope of work, determining design
budgets, determining preliminary construction budgets, and review
- High degree of skill in managing multiple objectives, clients,
contractors, third parties and internal team members.
- Responsible for the overall project budget, schedule, staffing
- Primary point of contact for correspondence regarding the
- Perform quality control reviews at appropriate milestones and
assure proper QC parameters are met.
- Report preparation and presentation to clients. Meet with
clients regarding design, budget, or staff performance issues.
- Review all project RFI's, change orders, and any potential
contract expense features on projects.
- Meet with Senior Staff and Management on regular basis to
discuss company objectives, long term strategic goals, financial
performance, QC procedures, etc.
- Know your Project Engineers strengths, weaknesses, and workload
- Excellent understanding of requirements of other disciplines on
the project team. Qualifications:
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in an appropriate field of study from
an accredited college is required.
- Minimum of eight years' actual experience. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: Professional Engineering Consultants, Oklahoma City , Engineering Design Project Manager, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!