Specialty Account Manager, Neuroimmunology
Company: Horizon Therapeutics
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Horizon Therapeutics, we define success by the number of
lives touched, lives changed, and lives saved. Our global
biotechnology company is made up of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers
with a focus on delivering breakthrough medicines to those living
with rare, autoimmune, and severe inflammatory diseases. This is
the heart of our global mission. Start a career that enables you to
live up to your potential and help others live up to theirs. Join
The exceptional support we provide patients and communities equally
extends to our employees. We offer industry-leading and
award-winning benefits, compensation and rewards programs that
positively impact all areas of our employees' personal and
The Specialty Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for representing
Horizon products to physicians and healthcare professionals,
establishing product sales, and performing total territory account
management. This includes providing disease information and
education to medical professionals and all external customers
involved in the care of patients.
- Consistently achieve assigned sales objectives through the
promotion of patient-centered disease and product education to HCPs
to improve patient care while adhering to corporate compliance
- Implement goals of the marketing plan through execution of
strategic account business plan.
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrix environment, which
will encompass Case Managers, Medical Affairs, Patient access team,
and other parties as deemed necessary.
- Effectively utilize all available resources and programs
including peer to peer education and cross functional partners
within the company to address identified knowledge gaps
- Proven ability to navigate and identify opportunities through
the healthcare landscape including academic institutions, IDNs,
accountable care organizations, private practices, and community
- Establish productive business relationships with key local,
regional, and national KOLs within the geographical coverage area
and assigned therapeutic areas.
- Develops and maintains a high-level, in-depth disease and
therapeutic clinical and scientific knowledge.
- Utilize a consultative selling approach involving a highly
technical, solution oriented selling technique enabling the
specialist to meet the needs of healthcare professionals who treat
- Execute all of the above with a strong understanding and
adherence to compliance and corporate policies including
appropriate documentation and reporting.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree required; Graduate business or healthcare
related degree preferred.
- 7+ experience in biotech, specialty pharmaceutical, or rare
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following:
- Rare disease/orphan drug experience; ultra-orphan
- Neurology/MS Center experience
- At least 3 years of in office injection/infusion sales selling
a product that is a medical benefit requiring extensive
coordination with patient access services.
- Previous experience operating in a matrix selling environment
collaborating with patient services, market access, medical
affairs, and reimbursement with significant focus on patient
- Experience launching in rare disease in highly competitive
markets is preferred.
- Demonstrated success educating HCPs about complex diseases
diagnosed through clinical observation involving diverse patient
profiles that do not always lend themselves to simple segmentation
- Documented track record of delivering consistent, exceptional
levels of performance.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced, highly
challenging work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Requires approximately 20-30% travel, including some overnight and
- Transparency: We value collaboration. Trusting teach other and
tackling tough challenges can make a powerful difference.
- Accountability: We do what's right for our patient communities
through quality decisions and owning our successes and
- Growth: We fiercely innovate and evolve to better ourselves,
our communities and our patients.
These three values come to life through our five Leadership
Expectations that apply to all Horizon employees
- Enterprise Mindset: Look beyond one's team, brand or function
to see the broader company and external perspective
- Exhibit Intellectual Curiosity: Seek to understand what you do
not know; ask the right questions of the right people and
- Ensure Accountability and Courage: Step up to address difficult
issues and hold self and others accountable to commitments
- Embrace Diverse Perspectives: Welcome others with a respectful
attitude; integrate diverse perspectives into ways of working
- Develop Talent: Provide feedback, coaching and mentorship to
help others be more effective in their role
At Horizon, we know that disease does not discriminate. We embrace
the bold ideas of one another, foster a sense of belonging, and
value inclusion. We attract and develop diverse talent because we
believe that when people from different backgrounds and life
experiences come together, we make lives better.
Horizon intends that all qualified applications are given equal
opportunity, and that selection decisions be based on job-related
factors. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics, Oklahoma City , Specialty Account Manager, Neuroimmunology, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!