Manager, Fund Accounting
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 23, 2023
This position is responsible for the administration of
accounting processes for the Brand (SBF), Marketing (SMF), and
Technology (BTF) funds, and Co-ops. This includes the supervision
and training of the Fund Staff Accountant positions. This position
oversees the transactional processes of cash receipts, accounts
payable and general ledger, preparation of monthly financial
statements, management reports and audit schedules. This position
has frequent interaction with Franchisees, vendors, field team
members, and internal personnel. Participate in special projects as
The team needs someone to sit in either of our Atlanta, Boston, or
Oklahoma City Support Centers.
- Provide excellent customer service to Co-op officers, field
team personnel, budget managers, senior management, and
- Oversee invoice processing for SBF/SMF and Co-op accounting
into the Accounts Payable system; assure proper approval and
coordination of check/ACH disbursements with Accounts Payable
department. Review all check releases to ensure budget compliance
before checks are released and oversee bank transfers for the
weekly Accounts Payable.
- Monitor cash position of each fund/co-op. Notify appropriate
fund/co-op personnel of possible excess cash flow or shortfalls.
Forecast invoice payments and incoming funds to effectively manage
- Handle all invoice disputes; keep -business center owners and
vendors informed of any problems.
- Review and approve the weekly contribution for BTF, SBF, SMF,
and the Co-ops.
- Communicate monthly with Jones McKnight (JME), the third-party
firm performing the accounting function for the majority of the
Sonic Co-ops. Review balance sheet, P&L, cash reconciliation,
accounts receivable past due and other reports prepared by
- Oversee the monthly Reconciliation of the bank statements of
SBF, SMF, BTF and certain Co-ops accounted for by the Funds
- Review journal entries for the Fund accounting processes.
- Monthly - oversee the preparation of BTF, SBF, SMF, and Co-op
(those retained by Fund accounting) financial statements and budget
variance reports for BTF, SBF and SMF. Reconcile and e-mail the
Fund and Co-op (retained by the Funds team) financial statements to
- Coordinate with external auditors for the yearly audits of BTF,
SBF and SMF. Work with Director of Fund Accounting to prepare audit
schedules by appropriate deadlines.
- Track Coke/Dr. Pepper rebates and book appropriate entries to
record rebates as earned and received.
- Act as liaison with the Financial, Planning & Analysis team and
other groups to participate in the annual budget and forecasting
processes and provide comprehensive analysis of variances and
unusual trends in G&A and other expenses. Work closely with the
Tax department and other financial groups to ensure consistent
application of accounting principles and information flow.EDUCATION
AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate preferred
- 4-6 years of total experience
- Public accounting experience (Big 4 or large multinational firm
accounting experience preferred)
- Prior experience with general ledger accounting systems; Oracle
Cloud preferredREQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, or ABILITIES:
- Ability to plan work effectively, supervise and coordinate the
work of other staff, meet the deadlines assigned, and make sound
- Self-sufficient and dependable and strong ability to multi-task
and shift priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including but not limited to,
pivot tables, lookup, and complex formulas. Must be able to work in
Outlook, Excel and Word in a Windows environment.TRAVEL This
position will require some infrequent travel.
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio
includes nearly 32,000 Arbys, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings,
Dunkin, Jimmy Johns and SONIC Drive-In restaurants worldwide.
Were made up of some of the worlds most iconic restaurant brands,
but were much more than just a restaurant company. Were a team of
hundreds of thousands who individually and collectively are
changing the way people eat, drink and gather around the table. We
know that food is much more than a stapleits an experience. At
Inspire, thats our purpose: to ignite and nourish flavorful
Keywords: Sonic, Oklahoma City , Manager, Fund Accounting, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!