Architectural Manager - CCE
Company: Frankfurt Short Bruza
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 22, 2023
FSB Architects + Engineers is looking for an experienced
Architectural Manager for our Civic, Commercial and Education (CCE)
Studios in Oklahoma City.
Job Summary:The Architectural Manager (AM) is an experienced
licensed Architect responsible for managing a team of architectural
staff. The AM is a primary resource for their team providing
leadership, contract compliance, technical guidance, and direction
to production personnel. This position leads their team of
architectural staff to ensure the facilitation of a project's
completion on-time, on/underbudget, and meeting FSB's quality
standards. The APM is responsible for directing and overseeing the
implementation of improved discipline production tools, standards,
and processes. The AM communicates with and coordinates production
processes and personnel skill development with the Architectural
Quality Manager (AQM).During a project lifecycle, the AM shepherds
an architectural project through the project production phases
including Design Development, Construction Documents, and
Construction Administration. The AM communicates with the Design
Manager through a project's Pre-Design and Schematic Design phases
coordinating the design vision and intent with their architectural
team. In addition, they work with Project Managers to ensure the
FSB architectural production work under their supervision aligns
with the expectations of the client. Team Responsibilities:
- Oversees a team of architects and technicians producing
- Schedules the work and individuals within their project team
- Responsible for productivity / billable time of staff under
- Involved in high level production assisting all staff within
- Complete project responsibility related to the preparation and
development of contract documents.
- Executes and coordinates projects of all sizes and
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the team and
- Performs employee evaluations within their team
- Implements and improves standards, procedures, or processes
related to production. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Responsible for communicating to the Studio Director employee
successes and challenges.
- Hold team and individuals accountable to deliver upon
- Follow through on personal and team goals; helps overcome team
and project challenges and obstacles.
- Manage production resources effectively for the team; maintain
or better the prescribed project billable hours on a weekly basis
and communicate any deviations with the Project Manager; coordinate
personnel schedules as needed.
- Contribute to initial and revised time estimates for projects.
Reinforces the need for, preparation of and reviews and maintenance
of project execution plans.
- Understands and demonstrates the need for open and direct
communication, both verbally and in writing; ensure that team
communications are consistent, thorough, and timely.
- Regularly communicates with Project Managers working with your
team, alerting them of possible problems, conflicts, and
opportunities to improve the project.
- Demonstrates a highly organized and systematic approach to
producing a project; understands the necessity to keep the team and
project tasks list updated and complete.
- Regularly review sets of the team's deliverables for
coordination, accuracy, efficiency, thoroughness, and completeness
in accordance with submission and contract requirements.
- Takes initiative to make positive change; assists the team to
consistently produce quality projects.
- Initiates and oversees Office Quality Control Plan.
- Oversees and assists with team communications, both internal
and external to FSB, as appropriate.Required Skills:
- Can be relied upon to present directly to the client,
Subconsultants, Authorities Having Jurisdiction, and others as
needed on technical and design solutions.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to execute project
- Coordinates with Project Manager to directly supervise the
teams' design and contractual delivery.
- Consults in the conceptual design and provides full support
through the entire project.
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and
- Responsible for researching technical challenges that arrive on
team projects, including constructability.
- Liaises with Project Management, other architects/architectural
staff, and consultants.
- Develops and represents lead technical viewpoint on
- Coordinates with Director of Architecture on appropriate
technical solutions and product strategies.
- Demonstrates a high degree of time management skill and
constantly seeks to streamline processes and procedures to increase
quality and efficiency.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word and Excel.
- Proficient in product options, performance, selections, and in
writing technical Specifications.
- Assists and provides Independent Technical Reviews meeting the
FSB Quality Control process.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's and/or Master of Architecture.
- Licensed Architect.
- Minimum of 10 years post-licensure experience on a variety of
project types.Frankfurt-Short-Bruza Associates, P.C. provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Frankfurt Short Bruza, Oklahoma City , Architectural Manager - CCE, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!