Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
KOCO-TV has an opening for a dynamic newscast director. The
newscast director is responsible for communicating and executing
all technical aspects of live production, with all technical staff,
including the producer, technical director, audio operator, studio,
and engineering. This position also includes editing video for
several newscasts. A positive pro-active attitude and schedule
flexibility are necessary for this position.
- Directing broadcast newscasts
- Provide creative input & work closely with the producer and
- Be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall
look of the newscast -
- Must be able to call and punch a newscast -
- Video editing
- Will have additional duties assigned as needed
- In-person attendance is required
- 2 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts
- Must also have experience with production switchers, video
servers, and audio and studio equipment.
- MOS and basic computer network understanding.
- Understanding of newsroom systems and video playback
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using
technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around
problems that arise during live news.
- The position requires shift flexibility. Shift may include
early mornings and weekend duties.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a
combination of education and experience.
- Related military training from Defense Information School
(DINFOS) and related experience will be considered.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans.
Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for
employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired
employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the
coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of
employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will
consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with
applicable legal requirements.
Keywords: Hearstmediact, Oklahoma City , Director, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!