Category Manager - Direct Spend
Company: Smith & Nephew
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Category Manager - Direct Spend
Job Description - the ideal candidate will:
* Understand total spend, pricing structure, commercial terms and
trends for raw materials, semi-finished goods and purchased
* Leverage market knowledge, specifically on cost and supply/demand
drivers to improve ability to source materials to drive positive
position Smith and Nephew's versus industry.
* Responsible for setting strategic direction for the procurement
of global raw materials and components used in the manufacturing of
* Collaborate with Smith + Nephew's Global Procurement and
Operations to establish a global material strategy.
* Work collaboratively business leaders, suppliers and customers to
develop innovative sourcing arrangements to reduce costs and risks;
negotiate complex contracts for procurement of these strategic
* Develop an understanding of Smith + Nephew's product lines,
market strategy, competition, technology, to establish the link
between raw material and product pricing
* Lead cross-functional business activities that identify, qualify,
negotiate and successfully implement new suppliers. Understand
manufacturing processes in order to ensure supply, deflation, and
* Lead the sourcing for New Products through object analysis.
* Utilize Six Sigma and Lean tools to drive continuous improvement
in the sourcing processes and to drive supplier productivity and
Location: Memphis TN, Andover MA, Mansfield MA, Oklahoma City OK,
* BS/MS in Bachelors' Degree in Business, Economics, Finance,
Statistics, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent
combination of education and work-related experience.
* 5 years' experience with strategic procurement responsibility
* Should have a strong knowledge of direct material categories
(i.e. machining, packaging, forging and casting) and associated
commodity inputs (i.e. titanium, stainless steel, cobalt chrome,
plastic, cotton and chemicals).
* Proven and demonstrated successful experience and ability to
think strategically about procurement in the context of overall
* Strong ability to assess the market dynamics of key raw material
and component related industries and adapt the procurement strategy
to industry trends and other key external factors.
* Proven track record for innovative approaches resulting in
"game-changing" opportunities, which placed the business in a
competitively advantaged position in the market.
* Strong analytical skills, including cost analysis, financial
skills, project management skills and contracts. Excellent
interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* Fluency in English. Proficiency in other language(s) desired.
* Strong computer skills including use of SAP, Ariba and Microsoft
Travel: up to 25% may be required.
Remote work is possible but being located near Mansfield MA,
Andover MA, Memphis TN, Oklahoma City, OK or Costa Rica facilities
Smith+Nephew provides equal employment opportunities to applicants
and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or disability.
Keywords: Smith & Nephew, Oklahoma City , Category Manager - Direct Spend, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!