Assistant Shop Manager
Company: Take 5 Oil Change
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Take 5 Family is hiring customer service maniacs!
People person? Do you enjoy leading a team? Outgoing and positive
attitude? We will train you the Take 5 way for changing oil,
replacing wiper blades/air filters, filling air in tires, other
light maintenance services, and how to oversee a shop. Our
employees are successful with all backgrounds and experience
levels. Take 5 offers a stay-in-your-car hassle free oil change
experience. The job is similar to restaurants or retail
What Employees Love about Take 5
- The Pit Tech to President career path; Take 5 is committed to
supporting your career goals. Over 90% of Shop Managers started as
- The family environment
- Weekly pay
- Benefits: Free oil changes, Paid time off, 401(k) program
- Employee contests
- Standard benefits options (medical/dental/vision etc.)
- Easy to transfer to locations across the country
- Opportunity to meet new people every day
- Community involvement
- Learning new skills
What does an Assistant Shop Manager (ASM) do?
- Check in with customers before they leave the shop to make sure
they had a great experience.
- Assume the responsibility and authority of the Shop Manager in
the Shop Manager's absence.
- Running the floor (making sure each employee is where they need
to be, ensuring everything has been checked on each vehicle, and
every customer is satisfied before they leave).
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Assist with counting and adjusting inventory.
- Anyone in Management is always responsible for training and
developing their subordinates.
- Being a role model to the other employees in the shop.
- Holding team members accountable.
ASMs are also expected to perform all technician duties including
but not limited to:
- Drain motor oil, change oil filter, grease chassis
- Wash windshield and adjust tire pressure
- Inspect and top off fluids
- Assist the customer in selecting oil type and other
- Process payment for services performed.
- Perform coolant exchanges and transmission drain & fill
- Restock and maintain inventory levels on the floor
- Maintain shop, office, and bathroom cleanliness
Good to Know Before You Start!
- It might feel like you are studying for a test at the
beginning. It's important that all employees gain a strong
knowledge of our oils and services.
- Must maneuver in and out of a shallow 3' deep pit used to
position yourself safely under cars
- You will walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist, etc. for extended
periods of time and perform activities involving holding, grasping,
pulling and turning
- You may need to work in hot/cold weather conditions
- Always be alert and aware of your surroundings
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Need to have reliable transportation
Keywords: Take 5 Oil Change, Oklahoma City , Assistant Shop Manager, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!