Regional Property Manager I
Company: OKLAHOMA CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Oklahoma City Housing Authority - Oklahoma City, OK
$71,855.00 - $107,783.00 Base+Commission/year
Regional Property Manager I
In accordance with OCHA's mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy,
the selected candidate will be required to obtain a full COVID-19
vaccination or approved exemption with forty (40) calendar days of
start date of employment.
The Regional Property Manager (RPM) oversees the day-to-day
operations of a specific regional portfolio by implementing
policies, procedures and practices to enable each property to meet
budgeted financial goals and achieve operational performance
objectives. The portfolio will be both senior and family programs
comprised of properties financed with diverse funding streams
including federal low-income housing tax credit program, Project
Based Section 8, and other affordable income restricted/low-income
housing financing. RPM provides direction and leadership to a
growing team of community management teams.
Directly responsible to the Assistant Executive Director of
Examples of Work Performed
- Provides overall direction and supervision of day-to-day
property management with oversight responsibility for management of
the properties within the geographic region.
- Work with asset management and be directly responsible for
financial management of each property which includes the
preparation of budgets, monitoring monthly
payables/receivables/cashflow, maintaining and managing adequate
replacement reserves, and developing short and long term capital
improvement plans based on assessments of the capital needs at each
- Review financial statements for accuracy and coordinates with
accounting and asset management to make corrections needed to
report accurate and timely financial reports to investors, auditors
and board members on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting for specific
properties/portfolios which includes reviewing and developing
strategy to decrease turnover time/costs, reviewing budget
variances, expense approvals, and general review of staff to ensure
efficient and productive work.
- Regularly visits site offices, inspects field operations and
reviews periodic reports from community managers to determine
progress of occupancy and maintenance projects.
- Reports and ensures all site staff is trained and proficient to
ensure strict adherence to all policies and procedures related to
compliance with the Landlord Tenant Act, Section 8, Fair Housing
practices, LIHTC, and funding sources such as the Dept. of Housing
and Urban Development (HUD); works closely with managers and
compliance managers to ensure timely certifications and compliance
issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Works and coordinates with the proper staff/departments such as
the construction specialists, section 8, and OHFA in preparation of
HQS inspections, MOR inspections, bank inspections, real estate
appraisals, REAC, INSPIRE, and any other inspections prompted by
regulatory agencies and development activities.
- Works with on-site security staff and security management to
coordinate best practices based on the individual needs of the
- Responsible for resolving resident relation issues and
escalated complaints from residents.
- Inspects properties to ensure the highest standards are
maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping
operations in areas of efficiency. Conducts periodic inspection of
vacant apartments for market-ready condition in cooperation with
Maintenance and Safety Manager.
- Assists in or develops corrective programs for properties, when
- Monitors internal processes of inventory control and
- Ensures all new and current site managers are trained to be
proficient in Yardi in regards to posting rent, processing
payables, reviewing reports, tracking site traffic, maintenance
work orders, delinquency and make ready status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Educational Requirements, Licenses, Skills, Abilities,
- Preferred bachelor's degree from an accredited university
and/or 3 years of experience as a Regional Property Manager of at
least 1200 units.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local Policies, and Fair
Housing policies affecting low-income, Section 8 property
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentations
- Ability to manage effective teams and develop strategic
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Ability to understand and respect values, attitudes, and
beliefs that differ across cultures and to respond appropriately to
these differences with participants and in planning, implementing,
and evaluating programs and services.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and knowledge of Yardi software
Near vision enough to read and write correspondence, read ledgers,
and work with computerized reports, code books, plans, etc. Hearing
and speech sufficient to communicate clearly and effectively in
person and by telephone. Physical range of motion and coordination
for extensive work with files. All physical requirements are
evaluated based on the ability to perform, with or without
reasonable accommodations under the ADA.
Keywords: OKLAHOMA CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY, Oklahoma City , Regional Property Manager I, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!