Safety Manager - Data Center Cooling
Company: Nortek Air Solutions
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Environmental Health and Safety Manager - Data Center
CoolingBusiness Divisions: Nortek Air SolutionsTime Type: Full
TimeClassification: SalarySpecific Location: Oklahoma City,
OKBusiness Unit: DCC EH&SWho we areThis is an excellent
opportunity to join a growing company with competitive
compensation.Nortek Data Center Cooling is a Madison Industries
company. Madison Industries is one of the largest and most
successful privately held companies in the world and has a robust
portfolio of indoor air quality solutions. Madison builds
entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed
to making the world safer, healthier, and more productive by
creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer
value.Nortek Data Center Coolingis creating the next generation of
data center cooling solutions. We build end-to-end systems that
keep up with the world's biggest technology companies and reduce
water and power usage while doing it. We operate all over the world
to meet our customers where they are and where they're going.Our
success depends on YOU! As a member of the DCC team:
- You are a key part of Nortek DCC the type of employer for which
we all want to work
- You play a role in building our culture and keeping us focused
on our mission
- You are the lever to drive profitable growth and meaningful
- You are closest to customers/markets and understand our
- We have a bias for action and move quickly. You can make the
right decisions daily.
- You are where success begins and ends.
- Each of you can help make us better every day.Job
SummaryResponsible for establishing and promoting a safe, accident
free, health work environment. Provide skilled knowledge and
expertise in the administration and support of occupational health
and safety programs. Responsible for the overall coordination and
implementation of occupational health and safety programs to assure
compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and policies.Key
Attributes of Position
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other
team members accountable by having their back in support of our
Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating
others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that
deliver desired results and can "own it" in a Performance Driven
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams in a Teamwork
- Ability to ignite and lead change as a catalyst for
- Can thrive in a "legacy now" culture in which we strive to do
the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard
thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation
- Strong leadership skills including ability to think
strategically, solve problems and create a motivating team
- Ability to select and hire "A" players, continuously develops
employees, coaches to maximize performance and manages
- A "builder" who is comfortable in a continuous improvement
culture.Why is this a great opportunity?This person is a member of
the DCC manufacturing leadership team and will actively drive the
creation of EH&S strategy and direction across the business.
With new products and DFM opportunities we can create and benchmark
manufacturing experiences.Job Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local
legislation and codes governing occupational health and
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance with
regulations and guidelines.
- Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design
programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease
or injury caused by chemical and/or physical agents or ergonomic
- Develop and implement accident investigation, data analysis,
and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Conduct on-site reviews and audits of operations and
facilities; recommend corrective or preventative measures where
- Provide leadership, guidance and technical support to
- Ensure personnel training and corrective actions follow-up is
- Conduct safety orientation, trainings and monthly Safety
- Coordinate monthly, bi-annual, and/or yearly equipment
- Evaluate new safety equipment for appropriateness.
- Respond and provide assistance to all emergency
- Attend conferences, meetings, and workshops to keep up-to-date
on new safety methods and procedures to applicable codes and
regulations or to maintain required level of certification.
- Interact closely with Human Resources to quickly resolve
workers' compensation claims.
- Purchase necessary safety supplies, equipment, etc. as
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in safety and health
or related discipline.
- Four years of directly related experience in occupational
health and safety compliance.
- Working knowledge of Federal/State regulations and laws
regarding Safety & Health Compliance.
- Experience in Manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with Worker's Compensation.Preferred:
- Professional certifications in EH&S.Equal Opportunity &
Non-Discrimination - Nortek Data Center Cooling. is an equal
employment opportunity and af---rmative action employer and all
quali---ed applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a quali---ed individual with a disability or any other
characteristic protected by law.Nortek Air Management and its
divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
To apply, please visit our career site at.
Keywords: Nortek Air Solutions, Oklahoma City , Safety Manager - Data Center Cooling, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!