Manager Human Relations
Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: August 4, 2022
- Employee Type:
Oklahoma City, OK
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
req29046 Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold(R),
Brownberry(R) or Oroweat(R) bread? A Thomas'(R) English muffin or
bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee(R), Entenmann's(R) or
Marinela(R) cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know
Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
#LI-SO1Position Summary:The Human Relations Manager is the Champion
of People, Diversity, and Inclusion for the Plant supporting the
Plant Manager, local leadership and hourly associates on three
shifts. The HR Manager is responsible for the HR function by
providing best in class services that facilitate greater
effectiveness throughout the bakery.The successful candidate should
have strong labor relations experience, a proven HR leadership
background and will need to be an engaged and transparent business
partner. In addition, have the ability to influence leadership and
ability to link business objectives back to organizational
effectiveness.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Policy Management: Interpret Company Policies and CBA's
representing the organization in personnel and employment law
compliance related investigations, grievances and hearings.
- Labor Relations: Prepare for and serve as the company's
spokesperson on union contract negotiations and administer the
provisions of the collective bargaining agreement. This includes
providing ongoing advice to management personnel on labor relation
- HR Operations: Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9's for
- Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the
people managers to determine the appropriate course of action with
regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety or/or
attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and
participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and employees. Lead
the process and communication for annual merit and performance
- HR/Organization Consulting: Including change management
facilitation and organizational consulting with all levels of
employees supporting our Manufacturing Transformation goals.
- Employee Programs: Including administering the annual Benefits
Open Enrollment Process, Safety Perception survey, and answering
and responding timely to associates HR inquiries
- Talent Acquisition: Create, deliver and manage an annual hourly
staffing plan. Manage the pipeline of key talent for BBU by
managing open positions through the full recruitment life cycle for
hourly level positions within the facilities. Responsible for
compliance management for the recruitment files (e.g., resumes,
interview notes, calibration and selection process).
- Centralized recruiting: Act as the HR point of contact in the
plant to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed
through Centralized Recruiting. Maintain, deliver and continuously
improve an effective onboarding program for new hires aligned with
corporate and local requirements driving retention of top
- Talent Management: Own and drive the process for the Plant in
regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans,
midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession
- Employee Learning & Development: Conduct new employee
orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as
Leadership Transformation, 2020 GB Leader, Labor and Respect in the
Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety orientation training and
additional training needs assessments as needed by the Plant.
- Standard Leader Work: HRBP supporting Manufacturing
- Employee Relations: assisting HR Manager with developing and
implementing effective Positive Employee Relations programs.
Employee event planning and administration of Rewards &
- Systems: Manage monthly HRIS audits and Requisitions. Create
and report out on HR metrics identifying key trends and the ability
to recommend improvements.
- Administration: Manage headcount, turnover, exit interviews,
attendance tracking, and invoice processing. Maintain current job
descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing
and organizational needs.
- Develop and provide supervisory and leadership training.
- Travel of approximately 25% expected. Job Requirements Key
- Demonstrate the ability to be coachable and trainable for
cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation
for future progression.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen,
creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a sense of urgency, be future
thinking and possess strong communication skills. Education and
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required.
- 4 - 6 years progressive human resource experience in a
manufacturing environment preferred.
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- PHR Certification is a plus.
- Experience with Labor Relations is highly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with online recruitment systems (ATS)
- Ability to travel approximately 25%The physical and mental
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Be
a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR(R) Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Oklahoma City , Manager Human Relations, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!