VP of Logistics Brokerage
Company: United Petroleum Transports Inc
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
- Ability to create and implement a strategic business plan to
create a brokerage department from ground up as well as
building/leading a team to significantly grow this department
within a short time.
- Direct and manage brokerage services in multiple Service
Centers (14 locations).
- Manage all levels of brokerage business development, account
management and brokerage operations.
- Meet or exceed established business and profit growth targets;
remain accountable for product P&L at the center level.
- Establish and ensure operational implementation and compliance
with processes and procedures for handling the freight
- Drive sales in developing new customers in the market and
onboarding those customers to operations.
- Develop and implement new product and service offerings to meet
customer needs in alignment with their goals and objectives.
- Ensure that logistics goals are met for both customer
satisfaction and the growth of the company, as well as figure out
answers to problems regarding fulfillment, operational efficiency,
and generating profits.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and
- Lead and motivate logistics workforce.
- Work with both the customer sales & logistics coordinators to
sell into a diverse portfolio of services, including
- Effectively manage client relationships at a higher level by
providing an executive level mindset to strategic customer and
- Manage and train managers in modes of service as they come
online in the business model and growth is achieved.
- Responsible for complete P&L (Gross Margin, Revenue, OE,
ROI, Daily Dashboard).
- Develop and manage all KPIs associated with the Brokerage
P&L (e.g., Gross Revenue, Gross Margin, Gross Margin %,
Operating Income, On-time Performance, Margin, Lane Balances).
- Ongoing building and managing/leading team supporting the
- Work alongside the Executive team on strategies to optimize
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may
be assigned by the COO and/or President. Knowledge, Skills and
- Must have knowledge of bulk liquids and the regulations
- Knowledge of DOT regulations, federal and state standards
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Self-starter with detail-oriented work habits
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data and metrics to drive
decision making and optimization
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work well with wide range of
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence
to timelines and schedules
- Ability to conduct carrier management by building carrier
relations and maintaining compliance.
- Competent skills to produce accurate and well-presented
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to stay calm under
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office
Suite and Transportation related software)
- Knowledge of leading Broker Boards (Truckstop, DAT, etc.) is a
- Knowledge of TMW Operating system. Minimum Qualifications for
- Business Degree or equivalent experience in Logistics
- 10+ years of significant brokerage industry experience,
familiarity with modern brokerage practices as well as experience
in starting and building a brokerage business.
- 5+ year of management / leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial and sales mindset with experience in building,
leading, driving and managing rapid growth within a freight
- Proven track record in building scalable, repeatable processes
and a disciplined, data driven culture
- Relationships with high-quality carriers is a plus Physical
- Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity,
feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual
- Occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds) Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, and
Keywords: United Petroleum Transports Inc, Oklahoma City , VP of Logistics Brokerage, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!