Director of Procurement
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Come and join our team at this -605-room convention center hotel in
the heart of downtown Oklahoma City. -Our luxury hotel is located
next to the Paycom Center(OKC Thunder), -the Oklahoma Convention
Center and across the street from the 70-acre Scissortail Park.
The property -includes an all-day dining outlet (Seltzer's Modern
Diner), an entertainment sports bar (OKC Tap House), specialty
restaurant (Bob's Steak & Chop House), coffee shop (Park Grounds)
and a retail outlet (RareBird Gift Shop). Additionally, guests can
enjoy a Mokara Spa, fitness center and a rooftop pool and bar
(CatBird Seat) complete with a fire pit, outdoor lawn and cabanas.
The hotel offers 76,000 square feet of meeting and event space
inclusive of a 20,000 square foot ballroom, 10,000 square foot
ballroom, and a 4,200 square foot outdoor pre-function space that
overlooks the park.
To provide for the acquisition of food, beverage, and general
purchases at maximum economics based on business activity. The
Director of Procurement acts as a liaison between individuals in
the hotel and supplier representatives in the procurement of goods
and services required to achieve the objectives of each
- Directly supervise the Purchasing/Receiving staff through
delegation of work tasks to achieve set objectives.
- Attend all Food and Beverage and related meetings such as menu
tie-down, weekly forecast and Financial Services.
- Maintain close communications with Chefs and Catering
Department on requirements for future menu events to evaluate menus
against Par Inventories in determining necessary requirements for
outlets and banquet functions.
- Establish and maintain training tools for subordinates to
achieve a better knowledge and understanding of the Purchasing
process and applications such as: product familiarity, receiving
and storage standards, EOM reconciliation of Food and Beverage
inventories, EOM Accounts Payable closing.
- Coordinate with vendor to set up site visits of their
facilities to aid key personnel in Purchasing and Storerooms as a
training tool to improve basic knowledge of commodities
- Counsel and make, as needed, assessment of present and/or new
associate job performance to determine what specific training is
required to achieve desired results.
- Evaluate vendor performance in compliance to Purchasing bid
procedures. Monitors vendor ability to provide timely and
consistent quality according to established
- Maintain close communications with Corporate Purchasing offices
for placement and follow-up on quarterly and annual order
- Attend area hotel and restaurant shows and seminars to
establish new vendor relations and learn of new products and ways
to improve present operation.
- Manage weekly bid process to ensure the best prices are being
obtained on frequently purchased items.
- Coordinate weekly wine, liquor and beer purchases, ensuring
compliance with state liquor laws. Establish and maintain
requisition procedures for alcoholic beverages that guarantee
maximum control over inventories.
- Work daily with Accounts Payable to ensure Birchstreet is
accurate and up-to-date.
- 2+ years experience as storeroom attendant in a high volume,
- Associate's Degree or higher strongly preferred.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Above average Computer skills including MS Word and
- Ability to stand for a long period of time, stoop, bend and
lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (including weekends and
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Must be able to make quick decisions and possess good
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative course of
action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information,
data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must remain professional in all situations.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer -
vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are
available using the following links: -EEOC is the Law Poster -and
the following link is the -OFCCP's Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination policy statement -If you are interested in
applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special
assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to
Keywords: Omni Hotels & Resorts, Oklahoma City , Director of Procurement, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!