Assistant Operations Manager
Company: Longroad Energy
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Job PurposeThe purpose of this position is to oversee the
efficient and safe operation of the wind turbine facility. This
also includes assuring and documenting compliance with all codes,
regulations, and contracts.Responsibilities
- To oversee all Operations and Maintenance activities for a wind
power generating facility to include but not limited to; Substation
& HV work, Dynamic Volt-Amperes Reactive system, collection system
equipment, balance of plant activities and wind turbine generator
- Develop cost effective programs to further operations and
- Effectively lead/direct the contractors at site
- Assist in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of 73
2.05MW Senvion wind turbines and 60 2.4MW MHI turbines.
- Provide oversight of safe and reliable wind farm operations and
site personnel and contractors (including the creation of site
procedures and policies).
- Person who leads by example to ensure compliance with all First
Wind processes, procedures and policies while maintaining standards
of the corporate code of conduct in all employees under
- Interact with local utilities, regulatory agencies, local
government/community and landowners.
- Monitors and controls plant operating budget and budget
- Manage site contracts and warranties to the standards and
interests of First Wind.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal
regulations in all concerns, including but not limited to;
environmental, NERC/FERC, local laws and regulations.
- Complete projects assigned by OM or others.
- Directly reports to the Operations Manager
- Travel as needed.Minimum Qualifications
- Technical 2-4 year college degree or comparable certifications
- 1-3 years of experience in operations and maintenance of a wind
or energy facility.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience.
- Budget / Project Management experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Contract execution experience.
- Government regulation compliance experience.
- Organized, leadership skills.
- Proficient computer and software skills, with an emphasis on MS
- Comfortable working at heights and the ability to perform
essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable
accommodation; this includes climbing 300' wind turbines, lifting
50 lbs. above head, and meeting the weight requirement of safety
gear, 310 lbs. or less.
- Valid driver's license.
- 24/7 on-call availability.Desired/Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of NERC standards.
- HV Experience.Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and Integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industryfksTnXcWoF
Keywords: Longroad Energy, Oklahoma City , Assistant Operations Manager, Executive , Calumet, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!