STORE MANAGER CANDIDATE in OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Company: Dollar General
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company OverviewDollar General Corporation has been delivering
value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps
shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. by offering products
that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks,
health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel,
housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient
neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46
states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at
www.dollargeneral.com.Job DetailsGENERAL SUMMARY:The Store Manager
Candidate supports the Store Manager in the effective
implementation of all store processes including employee
supervision, staffing, inventory management, stocking and
receiving, paperwork, and store needs. This position is utilized to
foster interactive development of an external candidate for the
Store Manager role and is to be held for a limited period.DUTIES
and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in recruiting and staffing activities.
- Assist with store merchandising by facilitating and/or
participating in staging, stocking and storage of merchandise;
ensuring that merchandise is presented according to established
practices and store manager direction; and properly utilizing
merchandise fixtures, signing and pricing of merchandise.
- Assist in all aspects of inventory management (including proper
execution of damages, markdowns, register scanning, paperwork and
facility controls); prepare and conduct inventories.
- Follow prescribed ordering practices to ensure the meeting or
exceeding of in-stock targets.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Act as a role model by following company procedures and
policies as outlined in the employee handbook, SOP manual and
- Participate in store opening and closing activities.
- Ensure the safe deposit of all company funds in the designated
- Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through
strict cashier accountability, key control and adherence to company
security practices and cash control procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance of clean, well-stocked stores;
provide a safe environment for customers and employees.
- Operate store in store managers absence.
- Review operating statements to identify business trends
(including sales, labor, profitability, and inventory turn),
expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to
guidelines and deadlines.QualificationsKNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit controls.
- Ability to learn and perform IBM cash register functions,
including those necessary to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE and STARS programs,
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling, and
termination practices including legal compliance and internal
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations
where limited standardization exists.WORK EXPERIENCE and/or
High school diploma or equivalent
strongly preferred. One year of experience in a retail environment
preferred for external candidatesCOMPETENCIES:
Aligns motives, values and beliefs
with Dollar General values.Supports ownership by tapping into the
potential of others.Acts as a liaison between the Store Support
Center and store employees.Fosters cooperation and
collaboration.Interacts tactfully yet directly with employees and
maintains an open forum of exchange.Demonstrates responsiveness and
sensitivity to customer needs.Applies basic principles of retail
(i.e., ordering cycles, peak inventories, merchandise flow,
etc.).Provides continuous attention to development of
staff.Recruits, hires and trains qualified applicants to fulfill a
store need.Ensures store compliance to federal labor laws and
company policies and procedures.WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL
Frequent walking and
standing.Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.Frequent handling of
merchandise and equipment such as hand-held scanners pricing guns,
box cutters, merchandise containers and carts, two-wheel dollies,
and U-boats (six-wheel carts).Frequent and proper lifting of up to
40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds.Occasional
climbing (using ladder).Occasional driving/providing own
transportation to make bank deposits, attend management meetings
and to other Dollar General stores.Fast-paced environment; moderate
noise level.Occasionally exposed to outside weather
conditions.Note: This position requires some travel with limited
overnight stays Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity
employer._#CC#We can recommend jobs specifically for you!by
Keywords: Dollar General, Oklahoma City , STORE MANAGER CANDIDATE in OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!