RN Case Manager
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 24, 2021
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital - Oklahoma CityWorker Type:PRNJob Highlights:Looking for a
RN Case Manager, opportunity where patients come first and you are
valued as a team member? We have opportunities for you at our Case
Management Department We have Full-Time, Part Time and PRN
positions available on various shifts. As a RN Case Manager, you
will be a vital member of the care team for our patients, assessing
and evaluating their condition, while providing compassion and
comfort. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence
begins with compassionate people like you.Job Summary:Assesses,
develops, plans, implements, and evaluates patients discharge
planning needs to next level of care in collaboration with
interdisciplinary team.Job Responsibilities and
- Ensures compliance with Condition of Participation (CoP)
- Identifies and escalates gaps/barriers related to inpatient and
observation length of stay.
- Assesses patients at high risk for readmission. Identifies root
cause for readmission. Develops plan and collaborates with
multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning to next level
- Participates with other members of team regarding opportunities
for improvement in standard work.
- May also be responsible for: utilization management process, ED
case management process, admission process, and act as a case
manager liaison with post acute providers (skilled nursing
facilities, rehab, home health, etc.).
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- Three years' acute care experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Licenses / Certifications:Registered Nurse (RN) -
State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:PRN
/ Per Diem Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:85700040 Case ManagementScheduled Weekly
Hours:8SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex.Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN Case Manager, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!