Company: Sunbeam Family Services
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Sunbeam Family Services - Oklahoma City, OK Position Type Full
Time 4 Year Degree Salary Range Undisclosed Travel Percentage
Undisclosed Job Shift Day Job Category Marketing Description Invest
your passion for marketing and communications with our passion for
helping Central Oklahomans learn, grow, heal, and thrive. Invest
your passion for helping our community with our passion for helping
Central Oklahomans learn, grow, heal, and thrive. Does this
- You enjoy connecting with people.
- You love data and processes.
- You have a way with words.
- You take pride in your work.
- You thrive in collaborative environments.
- You are energized by new challenges and problem solving.
- You love learning.
- You have a sense of humor. OK, this all sounds great! Come join
our Sunbeam family! Please complete the application and submit a
short video to firstname.lastname@example.org on why you are
excited about this opportunity. Cell phone videos are perfect. A
video must be submitted for the application to be complete.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Engagement
Manager reports to the Chief External Relations and is a part of
the External Relations team, which oversees development, marketing,
communications, and volunteerism. All employees and volunteers are
expected to be sensitive to our clients' cultural and
socio-economic characteristics, reflect Sunbeam Family Services
core values and to perform at Sunbeam's standards of excellence at
all times. Our core values are: Champion Spirit - We work like a
champion every day: paying attention to details and performing with
excellence Servant Heart - We exhibit humility in serving everyone;
no job is below anyone and we all pull together to get the work
done. Sunny Attitude -We bring a smile and a positive attitude. We
treat each other with respect, ensuring an energized work
environment. Essential Functions:-- Development:
- Manage the donation processing and acknowledgement process.
This includes processing financial gifts, entering gifts into the
donor database, sending thank you letters to donors, and
collaborating with the accounting department.
- Manage the in-kind donation process for the organization, which
includes collaborating with programs on their needs and
identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding
new and existing in-kind donors, entering gifts into the database,
thanking donors, and distributing gifts as designated.
- Oversee the integrity of the donor database. This includes
maintaining up-to-date records of all donor/prospective donor
interactions and providing donor reports for donor stewardship,
mailing lists, and External Relations team reporting.
- Serve as the liaison for community speaking engagements,
including the United Way campaigns and booth boxes for tabling
events and conferences.
- Assist with agency tours and presentations.
- Working with the Chief External Relations Officer, supports
fundraising event logistics like the Shine a Light gala, annual
campaigns, and other fundraising efforts.
- In partnership with the Chief External Relations Officer,
support cause marketing outreach, events, and stewardship.
- Assist with donor research, recruitment and retention
- Create and implement a volunteer strategy for the agency, which
includes recruitment, retention and recognition, and collaboration
with program staff to assess and meet their volunteer needs.
- --As the Friends of Sunbeam Board liaison, create and implement
a strategy to engage members in friendraising, fundraising, and
volunteerism. Additional Support:
- Collaborate in the development, coordination, and
implementation of the annual External Relations plan, attend
External Relations team meetings, stay informed about all agency
programs and services, and support/attend activities related to the
External Relations Board Committee.
- Collaborate with programs to identify and support their
- Provide logistical support to staff and client events.
- Perform other appropriate responsibilities at the direction of
the CEXRO. Qualifications Education:--
- Bachelor's degree, or comparable experience, in marketing or
communications related field like Public Relations, New Media,
Journalism, Digital Marketing, Marketing, Communications, Graphic
Design, Strategic Communications or Advertising. Experience:
- At least 2 years' experience in fundraising, public relations,
journalism, marketing, grant writing, and/or fundraising databases.
Skills and Knowledge:--
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and a
demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven
- Excellent customer service skills, public speaking skills, and
the ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts,
recommend and implement solutions in a timely fashion.
- Maintains the highest level of ethical conduct and exercises
discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Suite applications and donor
management software. Abilities:--
- An attitude of gratitude.
- Innovative with a sense of humor.--
- Approachable, collaborative, mission-driven, patient,
relational, efficient and proactive.--
- Work as a collaborative and supportive team member.--
- Communicate respectfully with people at all levels and diverse
- Professional executive presence.
- Discretion in handling confidential information and
- Local travel required and must have valid Oklahoma driver's
license and insurance as required by the position. Additional Job
- Must pass required background check Work Schedule:--
- Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor
approval; may include occasional evening and weekends. Working
Conditions:-- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff
and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when
doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary
position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the
office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings,
etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to
detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must
have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal
and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials
weighing up to 20 pounds. The qualifications, physical demands, and
work environment described are representative of those an employee
will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum
levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. The employee will work
in an office environment, may work in close quarters with other
staff and small children. The noise level in the work environment
varies from moderate to loud; frequent chaotic situations will
occur, characteristic to working with children ages 0 - 5 years.
Employee must expect exposure to strong odors such as soiled
diapers and clothes, and poor hygiene. May come into contact with
childhood diseases and blood on occasion. Other The requirements
listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, or abilities. These statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to
this position. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Sunbeam Family Services is fair and
equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to
race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree
thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political
affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status,
genetic information, and any legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Sunbeam Family Services, Oklahoma City , Engagement Manager, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!