LPN Case Manager
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 21, 2021
It's more than a career, it's a calling
OK-SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma City
Looking for a LPN Case Manager, opportunity where patients come
first, and you are valued as a team member? We have opportunities
for you at our Case Management Department!
As a LPN Case Manager, you will be a vital member of the care team
for our patients, assessing and evaluating their condition, while
providing compassion and comfort. At SSM Health, we know the
healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like
* Stack-able Shift Differential Premiums additionally per hour when
Assesses, develops, plans, implements, and evaluates patients'
discharge planning needs to the next level of care in collaboration
with the interdisciplinary team.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Ensures compliance with Condition of Participation (CoP)
* Identifies and escalates gaps/barriers related to inpatient and
observation length of stay.
* Assesses patients at high risk for readmission. Identifies the
root cause of readmission. Develops a plan and collaborates with
the multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning to the next
level of care.
* Participates with other members of the team regarding
opportunities for improvement in standard work.
* May also be responsible for: utilization management process, ED
case management process, admission process, and act as a case
manager liaison with post-acute providers (skilled nursing
facilities, rehab, home health, etc.).
* Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
* As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Three years acute care experience
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - State of Work Location or Compact
Day Shift (United States of America)
85700040 Case Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , LPN Case Manager, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!