Director, EHR Training
Company: OU Medical System
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 17, 2020
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Dir EHR Training is responsible for
communicating training policies and procedures across the
organization and for overall coordination and management of
training activities and trainers.
Responsible for the overall implementation of EHR end user training
program as well as ongoing education and maintenance of the
training program after go live. Also responsible for determining
required training resources, directing and managing training team
staffing, and securing facilities and equipment for classroom
training. In addition, decides curriculum delivery methods,
oversees the creation and maintenance of a realistic training
environment, creates a course catalog and training schedule, and
ensures all users are trained before they access the production
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities listed in this section
are core to the position. Inability to perform these
responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in
disqualification from the position.
* Creates and executes an overall vision for the training program,
including requesting support from leadership
* Secures resources such as training rooms and other equipment
needed to perform workflow simulation
* Develops a training environment strategy, which includes
coordinating the training environments, refreshing schedules, and
developing playground and practice environments
* Recruits, staffs, hires and manages principal trainers for
clinical, revenue, access, and analytics end users, along with
credentialed trainers, specialty champions, nurse champions, nurse
trainers, and other supplemental training staff
* Manages the specialty physician training program and the nurse
* Determines the types of curriculum delivery methods (such as
instructor led classes, e-learning, and blended learning) that will
be used during super user and end user training.
* Sets training requirements for end user system access and getting
buy-in on this decision from project and operational leadership
* Maintains the LMS and designing the course offerings and course
catalog in the LMS
* Develops post-live training for new hires, refresher training,
optimization, and upgrade training
* Generates strong super user engagement during and after
* Transitions from implementation to maintaining training,
including super user program after go-live
* Performs other related duties as assigned
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: This position is subject to individual
review/management and/or integration as part of a team subject to
review/management by a representative(s) of one or both of The
Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma, a constitutional
entity of the State of Oklahoma, (the University), and/or OU
Medicine, Inc., an Oklahoma not-for-profit corporation ( OUMI ). By
my submission of information, I acknowledge and agree to the
exchange and sharing between the University and OUMI of any
information submitted by me, whether written or oral.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in related field and at
least 6 years of relevant experience, including at least 3 years
managing others OR an equivalent combination of education and
experience, substituting an additional 4 years' experience for a
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: EHR certification
in related modules preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Capacity to manage multiple competing objectives and to clearly
* Ability to lead others and to communicate the importance of
training to all stakeholders
* Experience with project management, adult education, and
* Strong organizational and coordination skills, ability to
sequence activities logically
* Ability to develop and adhere to time schedules in order to meet
* Interpersonal skills to function well in administrative,
management, and patient care environments
* Ability to work effectively with staff that have a wide range of
* Excellent analytical, organization, and oral communication
* Ability to work independently and within teams.
* Ability to solve complex problems and understand customer
* Strong understanding of healthcare business process and
* Basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology.
* Working knowledge of IT solutions and interfacing a plus.
* Must be able to travel in state and out of state on occasion.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in
accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations
are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: OU Medical System, Oklahoma City , Director, EHR Training, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!