Bombers Software Engineering Manager
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: December 5, 2019
The Bombers Software team in Oklahoma City is experiencing
unprecedented growth across all of its supported platforms due to
the award of multiple new contracts to modernize the Bombers
fleets. These contracts involve the addition of new
state-of-the-art radar systems, hypersonic weapons systems, and
communications systems and displays.
Bombers Software is seeking talented and motivated professionals to
develop innovative solutions to complex problems for the B-1, B-2,
B-52, and ALCM/CALCM programs. The selected candidate will support
tasks across the full development lifecycle including design,
development, test, documentation, and sustainment for a product
line architecture and code baseline for Bomber aircraft platforms.
Candidates selected for these positions will work in an agile,
collaborative environment working with some of the latest software
development tools to support development and integration tasks.
Additional responsibilities may include documenting deployed
processes and tools; collecting metrics; supporting software
research and development projects. The selected candidate may also
troubleshoot basic software issues, and other software engineering
related duties as assigned by management.
In this role as a Software Engineering Manager you will be managing
employees performing engineering and technical activities in the
area of software engineering. The work performed by your team is
critical to the continued success of Boeings Bombers programs.
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements
policies and procedures and sets operational goals.
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides
technical management of suppliers and leads process
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with
customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches,
products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees.
- Leverages strong collaborative skills and excellent written and
verbal communication skills
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, youll learn
and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your
future with us!
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our
customers and for the world.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security
Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Minimum of 3-years of experience leading or managing projects
- Minimum of 5-years of experience in Software Engineering
- Prior experience with C, C++, C#, Java, and/or Ada.
- Experience with leading large technical teams
- Experience flowing-down engineering and program requirements to
teams, as well as reporting status up to senior leadership
- An engineering degree as well as an MBA
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: Boeing, Oklahoma City , Bombers Software Engineering Manager, Executive , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!