I&C Engineer Senior
Company: OGE Energy Corp.
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 13, 2019
This position performs instrument and controls and controls system
design (PLC and DCS) activities in support of electric generating
power plant capital improvement, modification, retrofit, or new
construction projects. As part of a project team, will have
engineering responsibilities for equipment design, specification,
and installation to meet project requirements. May be involved in
project activities from initial planning and budget estimating,
through project design, factory acceptance testing, installation,
commissioning, and project close-out. Coordinates, provides design
inputs, and performs design review and detailed checks when design
is performed by outside party. May assist or perform
troubleshooting and diagnostics on instruments as control
- Performs engineering analysis and design calculations or
computations for compliance with project requirements, codes,
standards, and engineering practice.
- Conducts site surveys to gather field data, verify condition,
- Develops instrument and controls system plans, control system
architecture, specifies materials, equipment, and
- Marks up existing drawings and/or has new drawings created for
detailing project work.
- May develop new or revise existing control description
- Specifies material, equipment, installation/construction,
quality assurance and inspection for the project work.
- Identifies and specifies items for demolition or abandonment;
and method or condition of abandonment.
- Coordinates with project manager, project team, plant members,
and other business units and stakeholders to execute the project
- Communicates and coordinates with suppliers, vendors, and
- Perform factory acceptance tests.
- Reviews and approves final/as built drawings and records and
assures accurate and complete drawings/records/documents are
archived for asset configuration control.
- Reviews, comments on, and approves vendor or third party
supplied design, material, equipment, and drawings.
- Creates and updates engineering standards and guidelines.
- Prepares and interprets schematics, drawings, layouts,
instrument lists, I/O database(s), or other aids.
- May mentor or direct lower level Engineers in project work.
Acts as a resource for members with less experience, may direct the
technical complexities of work.
- Provides technical presentations to internal or external
- May act in a liaison capacity with other departments,
divisions, and organizations.
- Functions as quality inspector or defines quality requirements
on engineering designs and projects.
- Reviews and critiques proposed changes to engineering
standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Solves problems and develops solutions that call for original
approach, based on thorough and comprehensive research and
- ABET accredited Bachelor's Degree in any Engineering discipline
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years directly related experience
- Valid State Driver's License.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity manufacturer's control systems such as
Allen-Bradley/Rockwell, Emerson Ovation, ABB, Siemens, and GE.
- Experience working in a large industrial environment such as a
power plant, refinery, or chemical plant.
- Experience commissioning and troubleshooting control
- Experience using SAP.
- Experience in data management.
- Experience in configuration control. Knowledge, Skills, and
- Able to communicate effectively in speech and writing with
members at all levels throughout the organization and outside
- Self motivated.
- In depth knowledge and experience in multiple engineering
- Able to work without supervision and make independent
- Strong project leadership skills.
- Ability to work within stringent deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse
- Team Player.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical
- May require travel.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement
- May be required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty
(30) feet, underground and in confined spaces.
OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE: OGE), is headquartered in Oklahoma City and
is the parent company of Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company
(OG&E), a regulated electric utility serving more than 815,000
customers in Oklahoma and western Arkansas. In addition, OGE holds
26.3 percent limited partner interest and 50 percent general
partner interest in Enable Midstream Partners, LP.OG&E serves
more than 815,000 retail customers in Oklahoma and western
Arkansas, and a number of wholesale customers throughout the
region. OG&E, with about 6,900 megawatts of capacity, generates
electricity from natural gas, western coal, and wind. OG&E's
electric transmission and distribution systems span 30,000 square
Keywords: OGE Energy Corp., Oklahoma City , I&C Engineer Senior, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!