Staff, SCADA Engineer
Company: Enable Midstream Energy Partners
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: April 18, 2019
This position provides support for the design and operation of
SCADA system processes and information to insure the availability,
reliability, integrity, and usability of the SCADA system and the
information and processes contained within the system. Establishes
and maintains effective working relationships with internal,
external, and 3rd party vendors required to accomplish SCADA
business goals. The Staff SCADA Engineer understands and performs
technical functions needed to configure, maintain, design, and
trouble shoot the SCADA systems and the processes and support
applications associated with the system. The Staff SCADA Engineer
is a bridge between the SCADA system and the end-users.
This position requires a seasoned and experienced individual with
adequate understanding of own job area. Work is performed
independently and under limited supervision. Determines approach to
work and is supervised based on milestones and at key deliverable
junctures. Work is reviewed for overall accuracy and soundness of
judgement. Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of
moderate scope and complexity. Frequently applies technical
standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Plan all phases of assigned projects with limited supervision or
support relatively one or more components of moderately complex
projects with direction from more experienced analysts.
* Configure, upgrade and maintain SCADA system.
* Develop moderately complex queries and applications to support
current/future business operations.
* Develop queries and applications to support current/future
* Configurations and provides maintenance of the SCADA system.
* Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed
* Recommend improvements to business processes as supported by
* Provide appropriate and timely moderately complex technical
advice to internal customers on matters relating to SCADA.
* Review, analyze, develop, design, and implement methods and to
satisfy internal and external reporting needs and requirements;
utilizes personal computer and applications computer software for
both calculation and informational reporting.
* Demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, the Company's Ethics and Compliance Code of Conduct,
and other Company policies and procedures, and take all required
* Demonstrate respect for all individuals and adhere to the
Company's values and business practices.
Minimum Education & Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Management
Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering, or other
technically related field. In lieu of a degree, six (6) years
directly related experience will be considered.
* Two (2) years directly related experience
* Knowledge of SCADA system processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Experience or certification using Telvent and/or other SCADA
systems (certifications preferred).
* Knowledge of RTU/EFM devices and other SCADA related field
* Knowledge of SCADA communication data flow and protocols.
* Strong technical skills within the gas pipeline industry.
* Must possess good problem-solving skills.
* Analytical skills; ability to solve a range of straightforward
problems, analyzes possible solutions using standard
* Data management skills; ability to audit, format, model and
analyze large data sets.
* Ability to develop system solutions for operational problems.
* Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system
* Collaboration skills in order to partner effectively across
various levels of the organization.
* Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to
communicate at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to
users on the use of systems and/or applications.
* Ability to effectively handle pressures and demands of deadlines
and competing priorities.
* Ability to handle confidential information and material with the
highest degree of professional responsibility.
* Ability to learn and utilize a working knowledge of broad
business environment, energy industry, and corporate
* Ability to interact in a team environment.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Sedentary to light work exerting up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force occasionally to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
* Ability to operate a personal computer
* Ability to view computer screen, sit, stand or walk for long
periods of time
* Ability to operate a copy machine, fax machine, calculator,
telephone and other miscellaneous office equipment
* Ability to produce quality work in fast paced environment with
high daily pressure to meet deadlines
* Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed or required to
meet established deadlines
* Ability to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of
whether cubicle, open office or private office
* Subject to normal office noise levels
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Engineer, Information Systems, Computer Science,
Testing, Data Management, Engineering, Technology, Data
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Enable Midstream Energy Partners, Oklahoma City , Staff, SCADA Engineer, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!