Lead Security Engineer
Company: Enable Midstream Energy Partners
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: April 18, 2019
The Lead Security position will interact daily with business
stakeholders and technical/operational teams to determine and
develop security architecture approaches and solutions. The
position provides support, configuration and administration of
security tool sets and infrastructure, as well as investigation of
information security events. The position provides support for the
development and maintenance of policies and procedures within area
of responsibility. The position also researches, evaluates and
recommends security solutions to solve business needs.
This position requires advanced knowledge within a functional area
and is often considered an expert in own area of responsibility.
Work is performed without appreciable direction and completed work
is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired
results. Develops technical solutions to highly complex or
interrelated problems. This position requires the ability to
interpret and adapt theory and concepts into workable solutions.
Leads, mentors and provides oversight for less experienced
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Utilize solution architecture methodology to recommend selection
of application or IT systems.
* Lead all phases of large and complex projects that require
integration of multiple applications/systems and/or inputs from a
* Lead others in area of specialization and ensure standards are
followed and quality is achieved.
* Provide expert guidance on leading security design practices.
* Evaluate, design, implement, monitor and support security
infrastructure including IAM, IPS, SIEM, FW s, VM, Endpoint, WAF s,
DLP, VPN and other tools or systems.
* Act as a liaison and team lead for security managed services;
partner with onshore contractors to ensure the timely execution of
security enhancements and investigations.
* Implement consistent project management processes and standards
for the IT security department; mentor less experienced analysts
and engineers on project management.
* Develop and maintain incident response procedures; train
stakeholders on appropriate action plans.
* Determine and develop security architecture approaches and
solutions, conducts business reviews and develop detailed
* Act as the primary point of escalation and investigation for
* Lead large and complex security implementation projects; Manage
projects timelines and metrics.
* Collaborate with operational teams to identify, resolve and
mitigate risk and vulnerabilities.
* Educate the business and other teams about security
* Create policy and procedures when needed and applicable.
* Design and maintain identity and access management for enterprise
networks and infrastructure.
* Threat and Vulnerability Management.
* Leads compliance, audits, assessments and evidence
* Monitor daily threat intelligence research and interact with
external security organizations.
* Monitor and evaluate remote access security and external facing
Minimum Education & Experience
* Bachelor s degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer
Information Systems, Information System Technologies, Management
Information Systems). In lieu of a degree, six (6) years experience
will be considered.
* Eight (8) years directly related experience in Information
* CISSP, CEH or other accredited security certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Advanced Knowledge of security & risk frameworks, standards, and
best practices (i.e. SOX, ISO, COBIT).
* Advanced Knowledge of and implementation experience with security
technologies and architecture, including encryption, network
security, firewall configuration, intrusion detection, data loss
prevention and application security.
* Advanced knowledge of vulnerability management, including
testing, scanning, and patching.
* Strong analytical skills and experience; ability to recognize,
analyze and solve complex problems.
* Strong data management skills; ability to audit, format, model
and analyze large data sets.
* Ability to distill data and analysis into high-level reports and
* Ability to discern data inaccuracies through technical experience
* Ability to develop system solutions for operational problems.
* Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs
and/or program modifications.
* Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system
* Strong collaboration skills in order to partner effectively
across various levels of the organization
* Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to
communicate at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to
users on the use of systems and/or applications.
* Strong organization and process improvement skills.
* Ability to effectively handle pressures and demands of deadlines
and competing priorities.
* Ability to handle confidential information and material with the
highest degree of professional responsibility.
* Ability to interact with internal business partners at a senior
and management level to clarify requirements and business needs for
changes and enhancements.
* Ability to prioritize tasks to meet business needs, including
prioritizing the work of others on the team, when needed.
* Ability to learn and utilize a working knowledge of broad
business environment, energy industry, and corporate
* Ability to interact in a team environment.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift,
carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or
* Able to sit and view computer terminal for extended periods of
* Able to travel as required to perform job responsibilities.
* Able to work in a fast-paced office environment with high daily
* Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
* Ability to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of
whether cubicle, open office or private office.
* Subject to normal office noise levels.
* Able to work irregular or extended hours (nights and/or weekends)
occasionally, as needed or required to meet established
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Information Systems, Corporate Security, Engineer,
Testing, Security, Technology, Engineering
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Enable Midstream Energy Partners, Oklahoma City , Lead Security Engineer, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!