Project Engineer - Transportation
Company: Garver Engineering
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Garver is seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER to join our growing Transportation Team in our Oklahoma City, Oklahoma office to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients.
Responsibilities in this position will include:
* Assisting in the design and creation of construction documents on a wide variety of transportation projects.
* Different roadway design components include typical sections, geometric layouts, drainage and hydraulic analysis, erosion control plans, safety features and maintenance of traffic plans.
* Assignments will also involve tasks associated with producing a set of construction documents including drafting, quantity computations, specifications, and cost estimates.
In an effort to train our employees to see the big picture of our business, Garver provides engineers the opportunity to be involved in marketing aspects of project procurement. Garver begins the mentoring process to facilitate employees becoming a successful professional the moment they walk in the door.
* Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
* Registered Engineer in Training (EIT) or Engineer Intern (EI)
* 4 or more years' of related experience
* Must have previous experience in civil engineering design
* Strong communication skills
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office
* Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on transportation projects
* Experience with Microstation and or Geopak InRoads
* Familiarity with AASHTO's highway and traffic publications
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm, headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. With nearly 600 employees spread between 27 offices in 11 states, Garver offers a wide range of services with a focus on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, power, transportation, survey, and water. Garver sits in the top 150 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list, while Zweig Group has recognized Garver as a best firm to work for in the multi-discipline category for five consecutive years. Garver is celebrating its 100th year with a series of client appreciation events and by supporting STEM education at 100 schools by donating funds and supplies. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities, hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources, TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.
Keywords: Garver Engineering, Oklahoma City , Project Engineer - Transportation, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!