Sr Network Engineer
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Senior Network Engineer will be part of a Global team
working on key Technology Infrastructure projects aligned with
Global Business strategy, within agreed parameters of time. As part
of a Global team, you will be the technical lead for Network
technologies, supporting the Hertz Data center, Branch location and
HQ network. You will be working on day to day operations and key
infrastructure projects. Aligned with Enterprise Architecture
standards, you will be working with existing and new Network
technologies which add value to the Global Business and Global
Technology strategy. You will ensure that service levels are
maintained and continually improved, and problems with day-to-day
delivery of services are minimized.Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for Operational support and maintenance of the
Hertz network including performing tier II troubleshooting as
required; Working closely with Hertz NOC for global support
concerns; contributing to RCA analysis for major incidents;
Ensuring proper maintenance coverage for all network systems.
- Responsible for the on-time design and delivery of Network
solutions (including LAN, WAN, wireless, VoIP, Video), as they
relate to standard Field projects. This includes translating
network designs into site-specific configurations; providing
standards-based network documentation for all completed designs;
configuring standards-based network hardware, systems management
software, and operating systems for all network elements;
performing IP address management.
- Responsible technical lead on network projects - Working
closely with other Technology teams including Project Management
Office for completion of regional and global projects; ensuring the
completed infrastructure meets standard configuration, performance
and availability requirements, including matching to the Enterprise
and Strategic architectures; working as part of the Global
Technology team to deliver the appropriate system architecture and
infrastructure solutions to meet agreed business requirements;
working within schedules, time estimates, and project plans for all
deliverables; tracking own involvement for project milestones,
identify problem areas before they impact the project.
- Responsible for ensuring the network is built securely. Ensure
mechanisms in place to identify and remediate network
- Responsible for evaluating network performance, and capacity to
ensure that the business needs are met. Maintain relationships with
all relevant vendors. Ensure compliancy with all technology and
application standards, including all relevant regulatory corporate
compliance (PCI, SOX, HIPPA, GLBA, etc---); maintaining a service
management attitude, promoting best practice throughout the IT
team; ensuring Service Level Commitments are met and improvement
opportunities are highlighted.
- Responsible for providing regular communication of progress as
required to management and stakeholders; ensure self-development
plans are followed and training attended, when scheduled; coach new
members of staff to ensure IT/ business expectations are met on a
consistent basis; promoting existing and emerging technologies, to
provide input on guidelines and roadmaps for future IT
infrastructure developments.Educational Background:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
related field. Or equivalent work experience. Professional
- Minimum 5 years of experience in network/IT solutions, network
design, development and analysis, routing and switching protocols,
WAN technologies (datacenters, wireless, wired, voice, video,
convergence, security, remote access, load balancers, content
- Working knowledge and experience in IP Networks and Unified
Communications, both on-premise and cloud hosted.
- Working knowledge of in the following areas: Router/Switch,
SD-WAN, Unified Communications, Wireless, Network Management
- Experience of cloud-hosted Network and UC technologies,
(Meraki, Viptela, WebEx, HCS---)
- Experience in working on a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Experience of working according to ITIL processes, e.g.
Incident Management, Change Management.
- Knowledge / experience of third-party supplier / vendor
management (network products, telecommunication services, cloud
technologies and professional services).
- Knowledge and experience of quality management principles and
- Knowledge in deploying, operating, and maintaining various
network environment including VoIP, data, video, wireless,
- TCP/IP network administration skills.
- Experience in managing network management tools. (ACS,
- Knowledge of complex campus cable (fiber and copper)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with
demonstrated commitment to producing high quality
- Ability to work well with others across many organizations
including development, sales, marketing, finance, customer support,
and field service.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of management and
teams within the Global IT COE.
- Professional customer service focused attitude.
- CCNP or higher certification
- Ability to identify problems, make decisions, create solutions
and take actions.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail
and strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities to
strict deadlines within a highly demanding technical
- Excellent Organizational skills Competencies:
- Individual Leadership/ influencing
- Judgement/ Problem Solving
- Customer Service Orientation
- Initiative/ Innovation
- Attention to Detail
- Technical/ professional knowledge
- Organizational AwarenessThe Hertz Corporation operates the
Hertz, Dollar Car Rental, Thrifty Car Rental brands in
approximately 9,700 corporate and franchisee locations throughout
North America, Europe, The Caribbean, Latin America, Africa, the
Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The Hertz Corporation
is one of the largest worldwide airport general use vehicle rental
companies, and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the
world.US EEO STATEMENTAt Hertz, we champion and celebrate a culture
of diversity and inclusion. We take affirmative steps to promote
employment and advancement opportunities. The endless variety of
perspectives, experiences, skills and talents that our employees
invest in their work every day represent a significant part of our
culture - and our success and reputation as a company.Individuals
are encouraged to apply for positions because of the
characteristics that make them unique.EOE, including
Keywords: Hertz, Oklahoma City , Sr Network Engineer, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...