Principal Development Engineer I
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: March 17, 2023
WORK LOCATION: AZ OR OK
30% Travel all over Western US
What you will do
- Under minimal direction, designs conceptual solutions for
customers based on customer needs and team direction and
- Ensures assessments contain a broad set of JCI capabilities as
appropriate for the customer's requirements.
- Manages the development of a compelling business case for the
proposed scope of work.
- Leads and manages the development of projects utilizing
Engineering Pool resources and Subject Matter Experts as needed to
efficiently and cost effectively deliver projects from inception
- Responsible for development budget and timeline. Has an
advanced understanding of the full range of JCI capabilities (e.g.,
energy management, renewable, security, fire systems, building
automation systems, services, operations and maintenance, finance,
facilities management, etc.) and is able to combine these
capabilities to solve critical customer needs.
- Must also have demonstrated ability to lead this process and
review the detailed work. Possesses a strong understanding of the
solutions performance contracting regulatory, legislative and
business environment, as well as procurement requirements.
- The Principal Development Engineer is jointly accountable for
increasing secured sales and margin metrics, accountable for
incorporating more JCI capabilities into customer solutions,
shortening the solution development cycle, increasing win rates,
applying appropriate solution "best practices" and minimizing
development costs. How you will do it
- Develops the initial Order of Magnitude assessment during the
- Acts as the Project Development point of contact throughout the
- Develops and engineers smaller opportunities using Engineering
Pool resources as appropriate to develop within projected costs and
schedule, and provide a final solution consistent with Customer's
- For large, complex, or "high opportunity" projects, leads teams
of subject matter experts, pool. What we look for
- 10+ years of engineering, construction, and facility
operations, with excellent knowledge of building-related systems
- Proven track record as project manager handling multiple
projects involving energy solutions within the HVAC/Building
- Possesses an advanced understanding of JCI's capabilities and
the conceptual skills to solve important customer problems through
a combination of JCI capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience and the skills and comfort level
required to be a key part of Area Engineering Team.
- Must have solid knowledge of regulatory, legislative and
- Possesses strong project management skills for managing large
development projects with diverse resources.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Strong conceptual skills required for developing innovative
- Has excellent customer-facing skills and is comfortable
presenting at the C-level.
- Strong team leader, able to quickly assemble and manage a
solution development team as required.
- Has excellent business analysis skills used to create
compelling business cases.
- The position is located in AZ or OK. Relocation candidates
accepted, but no relocation assistance provided.
- 30% Travel all over the Western US. Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Mechanical or
- Third-party technical or business certifications are desirable,
such as PE certification which is a big plus. Possesses solid
working knowledge of common computer applications (e.g., MS Word,
MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.).
- Experience with public sector vertical markets a plus.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Oklahoma City , Principal Development Engineer I, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...