Mechanical Professional Engineer (PE)- HVAC
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 21, 2023
This position will be based on site at our office located in
Oklahoma City, OK.Bernhard's core mission is delivering innovative
engineering, construction, and energy solutions that empower our
clients and promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of
four divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering and
Development, each with a distinct identity and service offerings.
The intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide
turnkey Energy-as-a-Service ("EaaS") solutions to our clients. At
the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors
and communities that the Company has traditionally served.
Bernhard's vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North
America through delivery of excellent, high value service and
innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential Duties:The purpose of a Professional
Mechanical Engineer is to provide technical authority and direction
as the Engineer of Record (EOR) for the development of mechanical
engineering designs, studies and solutions and part of an
integrated project team. The ideal candidate will have be 2+ years
post Professional Engineer (PE) licensure and have experience with
the design of Healthcare, Higher Education, or Central Energy Plant
(CEP) electrical infrastructure projects and large commercial
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible to oversee and direct the mechanical engineering of
projects in accordance with engineering best practices, company
standards and in compliance with the appropriate building
- Assist the Project Manager in establishing and preparing
project budgets, project execution plans, construction cost
estimates and project schedules.
- Execute the mechanical engineering aspects of a project within
the budget, schedule and quality as agreed with the Project
- Prepare engineering documents in the form of study reports,
drawings and specifications that maybe stamped and signed as
- Prepare mechanical construction documents using Revit and / or
- Prepare the project manual and (including the project
specifications) for mechanical systems.
- Professionally stamp Mechanical designs and studies and stamp
Plumbing and Fire Protection designs.
- Prepare Addendums, Proposal Requests (PR) and Supplemental
Instructions (SI) for projects.
- Provide mentoring and technical direction to Mechanical
Designers and BIM/CAD Technicians.
- Attend meetings with clients and prepare meeting notes as
- Coordinate communications in relation to mechanical engineering
with project team members, clients and the Authority Having
- Coordinate design solutions with other technical disciplines
within the integrated project team.
- Assist in quality assurance reviews for all project
- Organize and attend site visits for the purposes of
investigation, survey and record of existing conditions.
- Attend construction meetings with job site observations
confirming compliance with project plans and specifications
- Other duties as assigned by Company Leadership.
- Attend in-house training sessions
- Uphold and promote the Bernhard brand by guaranteeing
excellence in the execution of work and ensuring a positive client
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Baccalaureate Degree Mechanical engineering.
- PE License ---
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience post PE license
- Required experience with large commercial projects.
- Required to be familiar with Plumbing and Fire Protection
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of building codes in general
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Preferred experience with Healthcare projects.
- Preferred experience with Higher Education projects.
- Preferred experience with Lab projects.
- Preferred experience with Central Energy Plant (CEP) mechanical
- Preferred experience preparing Building Automation System
control drawings with written or block diagram control
- Four years' experience using each of the following software:
Revit, AutoCAD, Excel, and Word.
Travel Requirements: Local and out of state travel shall be
required on occasion depending on project need and location. The
travel commitment is estimated to be around 10% of regular work
schedule per month.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
- Shall require long periods of sitting or standing at a desk in
front of a computer in the office environment.
- Shall require the ability to walk, climb and crawl on a project
construction site on occasions.
- On occasions could be exposed to inclement weather
Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with
Disabilities, and participate in the e-Verify program. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status,
disability, or any other classification protected by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee
related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and
placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent
directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies)
unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and
Bernhard, LLC ("Company") and an authorized Company representative
makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition.
Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim
to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or
other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the
property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such
candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for
partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company's
information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Bernhard, Oklahoma City , Mechanical Professional Engineer (PE)- HVAC, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!