Development Data Engineer 3
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Genuent is hiring a Development Data Engineer to join our
client's full time team. Qualified candidates should send their
resume to Coral Wolff at CWolff@Genuent.com
Development Data Engineer III
Job Location: Grapevine, TX or Oklahoma City, OK
Hybrid: 80% Remote
Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
This position will be within the Development and IT space and work
closely with computer scientists, IT and data scientists to build,
deploy and optimize data pipelines and integrate data
infrastructure for enabling analytics, reporting, and machine
learning workloads at scale.
- Build, test, and validate robust production-grade data
pipelines that can ingest, aggregate, and transform large datasets
according to the specifications of the internal teams who will be
consuming the data
- Build frameworks and custom tooling for data pipeline code
- Deploy data pipelines and data connectors to production
- Configure connections to source data systems and validates
schema definitions with the teams responsible for the source
- Monitor data pipelines and data connectors and troubleshoot
issues as the arise
- Monitor data lake environment for performance and data
- Manage data infrastructure such as Kafka and Kubernetes
- Collaborate with IT and database teams to maintain the overall
- Assist data science, business intelligence, and other teams in
using the data provided by the data pipelines
- Mentor junior data engineers
- Deploy machine learning models to production
- Gather requirements and determine scope of new
- Research and evaluate new technologies and set up
- Test proof-of-concept deployments of new technologies
- Collaborate with data governance and compliance teams to ensure
data pipelines and data storage environments meet
- Serve as on-call for production issues related to data
pipelines and other data infrastructure maintained by the data
MINIMUM BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of data engineering work experience
- Experience coding in Java or Scala and build tools such as
Maven, Gradle, and SBT is required
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience working with HDFS or S3 storage
- Experience with Apache Spark or Databricks and reading and
writing Parquet, Avro and JSON
- Experience working in a Unix or Linux environment including
writing shell scripts
- Experience with ETL and ELT processes in data
- Experience with CICD tools and processes
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent is highly
- Experience with data lake query engines such as Presto or
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes highly preferred
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache
Airflow, Control-M, or Arrow highly preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong expertise in computer science fundamentals: data
structures, performance complexities, algorithms, and implications
of computer architecture on software performance such as I/O and
- Working knowledge software engineering fundamentals: version
control systems such as Git and Github, workflows, ability to write
- Knowledge of data architecture and data processing engines such
as Spark and Hadoop.
- Ability to create SQL queries of moderate complexity.
- Knowledge of Java or Scala.
- Knowledge of Apache Spark
- Knowledge of Python, R, C#, or PHP is helpful.
- Knowledge of HDFS and S3 storage environments
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Has strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate
them to the products of Paycom.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication
Keywords: Genuent, Oklahoma City , Development Data Engineer 3, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!