Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold -, Brownberry - or Oroweat - bread?
A Thomas' - English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara
Lee -, Entenmann's - or Marinela - cake or donut? If the answer is
yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA! The Garage -Mechanic is
responsible for performing service work, troubleshooting,
diagnostic, DOT/State inspections within the shop for route trucks
and semi-trailers. This also includes road call work as needed.
Ensures work assignments are completed and provides feedback to
Lead/Shop Foreman on work issues. Follows all safety procedures as
set forth by the Company. -Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries
- Great starting pay!
- -Excellent benefits package!
- -Growing organization & increased demand for products!Key Job
- Perform all mechanical repairs needed to all types of
vehicles/equipment to make proper decisions, ensure all
vehicles/equipment are ready to safely operate when needed. -
- Inspection of truck to verify that there are no DOT infractions
and repair as required. -
- Provide Preventative Maintenance and Federal Inspections of the
location's area Fleet Trucks. -
- Perform light and medium duty repairs using hand and power
- You will safely work with hazards, such as proximity to moving
parts, electrical current and moving objects carrying considerable
weight and force. -
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment
through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal
mandates or programs -
- Ensure all work assignments are communicated and completed.
Completes required reports to Lead/Manager. -
- Must be able to work unsupervised and make service calls with
courtesy and professionalism in a timely manner. -
- Additional responsibilities & duties as assigned by supervisor.
-Key Behavioral Competencies: -
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret
data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex
(dealing with people, procedures and equipment). -
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid
interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change. Ability to
provide constant direction of others to plan, coordinate, check or
- -You can perform basic math and computer skills.
- -You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on
improving efficiencies while decreasing waste.
- -Ability to work unsupervised and conduct service calls with
courtesy and professionalism. Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo
Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32
countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its
subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited
to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA
employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.Job Requirements:Requirements: -
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is preferred. -
- 3 years of light/medium duty truck repair experience required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older. -
- Must pass DOT Physical and DOT Road Test. -
- Requires strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able to work around various chemicals and machinery
- You must wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry, stand and/or
stoop for prolonged periods of time (except for break and lunch
periods), climb, perform repetitive motions, and work in a loud and
hot environment. -
- Welding skills are a plus. -
- Must provide your own hand tools. -
- Ability to work 8+ hour shifts, work nights, weekends, and
holidays when needed. - Be a part of a company that is dedicated to
protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
energy efficiency -
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR - Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Oklahoma City , Garage Mechanic, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!