Company: WESTERN FLYER EXPRESS INC
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Western Flyer Express core value of safety first
- Support the Service Manager and Parts Manager in enforcing the
Western Flyer Express established parts processes
- Support the Service Manager and Parts Manager in controlling
the level of tire spends in the shop. This includes ensuring that
proper tire stances are being followed in the shop and reinforcing
Western Flyer Express tire processes with mechanics.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and
diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing,
adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing
major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems.
Such as: Axles, Brake components, Suspension components, Tires,
Wheels, Electrical, Charging components, Cranking components,
Ignition components, Lighting components, Trailer Body, Trailer
Frame, Doors., Reefer Units include: Air Intake components, Cooling
components, Exhaust components, Fuel components, Engine components,
A/C and Heating components, Gauges.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives;
adjusting systems. (ABS)
- Maintains vehicle appearance by documenting missing parts,
damages, and uncleanliness.
- Maintains vehicle records by annually performing services and
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating
instructions and handling with respect
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by
accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Use computer programs for diagnosing (Bendix and Wabco)
- Use computer program TMT to clock in and out of work
ordersEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Prefer experience in TMT operating system
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given
- Solid judgment to make cost saving decisions
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 or more years of experience in the Diesel Maintenance
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards
- Must be able to lift or carry 50lbsDISCLAIMER: The preceding
job description has been designed to indicate the general nature
and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by
employees within this classification. It may not contain a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to do this job. An incumbent
may be asked to perform other duties as required. "The Employer
retains the right to change or assign other duties to this
Keywords: WESTERN FLYER EXPRESS INC, Oklahoma City , Trailer Technician, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!