Senior Structural Design Engineer
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 21, 2020
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is
seeking a Senior Structural Design Engineer to join the Structures
Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
A successful member of this team will understand and execute
structural modifications and upgrades for Bomber programs,
Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S), and Airborne
Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2).
- Perform structural design technical lead tasks for Structures
- Responsible for developing detail and modification design
concepts/final design and meeting contractual/producibility
requirements for end item deliverables; This includes structural
modifications, mechanical components and primary and secondary
structural detail/installation design for Development and
- Responsible for the integration of detail design of
parts/hardware installation and support to planning/manufacturing
efforts and associated tools.
- Analyzes and resolves design problems, able to develop and
assist others with resolving design discrepancies and analyze the
applicability of new and emerging technologies and advanced
- Support internal/external design reviews, Technical Interchange
Meetings (TIMs), Preliminary/Critical Design Reviews (PDR/CDR) with
US and Foreign Air Force customers.
- Provide design expertise and technical knowledge to resolve
customer inquiries for post-production fleet sustainment.
- Responsible for Material Review Board (MRB) actions, providing
engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection
tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support
the design and manufacture of structural commodities.
- Develops complex statements of work, metrics, schedules and
- Performs technical review of supplier capabilities to
facilitate source selection.
- Supports new business and proposal activities.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15 is
required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 3+ years of experience working conceptual, preliminary and
detailed design including 2D drawings and 3D deliverables.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience creating structural/mechanical designs
using Catia & Enovia.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (Scheduling, Budgeting,
- Experience leading teams or projects.
- Completed a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the
federal government within the last 5 years.
- Current/Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work
experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: BOEING, Oklahoma City , Senior Structural Design Engineer, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!