Special Education Teacher
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Who we are:
KIPP Oklahoma is a part of a national network of free,
open-enrollment, public charter schools offering a choice to
families and children in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. We are driven and
committed to our mission and vision.
KIPP Oklahoma currently educates over 1,000 students and provides
support to hundreds of alumni. Today, the KIPP Oklahoma network
consists of KIPP Tulsa Public Charter Schools (grades 5th - 8th)
and KIPP OKC Public Schools (grades PreK, Kindergarten and 5th -
8th). KIPP OKC Public Schools is growing one grade per year until
they are a full PreK - 8th grade program.
Together with families and communities, we create joyful,
academically excellent schools that prepare students with the
skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose-college,
career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a
more just world.
Every child grows up free to create the future they want for
themselves and their communities.
Instructional Delivery and Assessment:
- Develop year-long Oklahoma State standards-based unit plans and
lesson plans that meet all students' learning needs.
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in
order to promote all scholars' academic performance.
- Embrace and incorporate feedback in the spirit of constant
Academic and Cultural Support:
- Collaborate with content and grade-level teams to promote an
environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with scholars and
families based on trust and respect.
- Participate in the daily functions of the school such as
morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Attend critical school events such as staff meetings, open
houses, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Develop Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) and goals for
scholars and communicate these plans to families in IEP meetings
and parent conferences.
- Meet professional obligations including timeliness and
consistency in meeting deadlines.
- KIPP Oklahoma Director of Student Support Services
- School Leader
- Build strong relationships with scholars and families.
- Be accessible by school cell phone for homework help until 6:00
PM each school day.
- Participate in parent meetings, conferences, and periodic
evening school events.
- Participate in daily duties (i.e. breakfast, lunch, dismissal)
to support school operations.
- Maintain accurate gradebook and data tracking systems.
- Assist with both scholar and staff recruitment when needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Preference will be given to those who hold a teaching
- Valid Special Education certification required.
- Commitment to and experience with youth of various cultural and
lower economic backgrounds (at least 2 years of teaching experience
- Satisfactory outcome of a background check.
Every member of our KIPP OKC Team and Family is able to:
- Explain the importance of culturally relevant teaching within
the context of working within communities of color, as well as
demonstrate an unyielding belief and desire for all scholars to
meet and/or exceed their academic goals.
- Demonstrate an unwavering and personal responsibility to close
the racial opportunity gap through knowledge, application, and
ownership of equitable and inclusive practices for every scholar
- Embrace challenges, demonstrate willingness to be reflective
and vulnerable, utilize criticism to improve practices, communicate
when support or clarity is needed, and value feedback as necessary
for immediate and long-term development.
- Demonstrate awareness of personal bias, and demonstrate
self-reflection by identifying personal strengths and areas of
- Demonstrates willingness to problem solve with colleagues and
families, initiates conversations that will result in positive
scholar outcomes, and works closely with teachers to ensure the
success of every scholar.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience. KIPP OKC teachers earn
a salary that is an average of $7k more than the surrounding
- Employee health insurance coverage
- Life insurance including AD & D
- Oklahoma Teachers Retirement System contributions
- Compensated leave time for illness or personal reasons
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer and
instructional technological equipment.
- Professional growth and leadership opportunities within KIPP
KIPP OKC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair
labor practices. KIPP OKC provides equal employment opportunities
to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the
ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital
status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information,
legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual
orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state
or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory
environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon
Keywords: KIPP, Oklahoma City , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!