Company: Ascent Services Group
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Job Req #: 19-00693Job Description: Technical WriterLocation: Oklahoma City, OKPosition Type: 6+ Month Contract
Experience with technical writing for network or infrastructure projects highly preferred!
Description of Project or Assignment:As a technical writer, individuals will be tasked with gathering, developing, and refining technical information and disseminating it in a clear, concise, and consumable manner to the Client system. Persons in this role will write and edit documentation such as manuals, user guides, run-books, product comparisons, processes and procedures, policy, and numerous other supporting documents to be used by other business and technology units within Client as well as partners, agencies, and third-parties. Technical Writers should be able to develop documentation that speaks for itself with thorough attention to detail and excellent format and structure usage but should also be able to speak to their work when needed.
- Responsible for the communication of policies, procedures and standards with clarity and consistency through appropriate communication platforms to all levels of company and franchise operations management, crew members, and corporate employees.
- Authors, edits, and updates technology documentation such as product guides, run-books, implementation/deployment guides, technical advisories, and product comparisons.
- Writes and formats operational and training materials such as user guides, "How To? guides, FAQs, and other supporting materials.
- Attends meetings, stand-ups, and scrums to gather and document new technology initiatives / change to current ones.
- Performs continuous reviews of documentation to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Ensures standardization for regularly scheduled technology reviews such as State of the Network or Quarterly Firewall Reviews.
- Maintains secure repository for technical information and ensures proper version control.
- Partners with data protection team to ensure proper rights management and data classification to help protect sensitive materials.
- Works with PMO to identify potential technical risks and down/upstream dependencies during the early phases of project planning and initiation.
- Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communication, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (4) years related experience in technical writing / communications. Restaurant/food service operations or hospitality experience preferred.
Audrey LambTechnical RecruiterAscent
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG s candidates and experience the difference!IND05
- provided by Dice (PROCESS OR PROCEDURE ) AND(DOCUMENT OR WRITE ) AND(TECHNICAL WRITER )
Keywords: Ascent Services Group, Oklahoma City , Technical Writer, Advertising , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!