Accounting Coordinator, Community Corrections Regional Office
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
*HIRING IMMEDIATELY*At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a
deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a
responsibility to better the public good. -CoreCivic is currently
seeking an -Accounting Coordinator, Community Corrections -located
at our Regional Office in Oklahoma City, Ok. Come join a team that
is dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we
serve. -Who We Are: -CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of
high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services
and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide
effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare
individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee,
CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and
over 30 community residential and non- residential centers. Our
employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
-What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives. -What You Get To
Do: -The Accounting Coordinator -provides administrative accounting
support to multiple facilities by performing varied and complex
accounting transactions, clerical, and related administrative
functions. - Assists the Regional Controller to complete daily,
weekly and monthly tasks, to include preparing journal entries and
monthly billings. -
- Utilize a working knowledge of accounting and accounting
control procedures that are in keeping with accepted accounting
principles and CoreCivic accounting policies and procedures.
- Review and verify daily populations at assigned facilities,
assists facility through the Regional Controller to make
corrections and provide training. Prepares monthly billing to our
- Review requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for fixed
asset purchases and operating expenses to ensure accuracy and
conformance to policy.
- Assign or verify assignment of proper account codes to purchase
orders, accounts payable and other types of expenditures or
receipts and ensures that financial transactions are allocated to
the appropriate account.
- Read and interpret various facility contracts and maintains a
working knowledge of the billing and accounting
- High School diploma, GED certification, or equivalent is
- Three years of experience in a full-time administrative or
bookkeeping role, preferably in a similar position, is required.
- Additional qualifying education at an accredited college,
business school, or technical institute in office administration or
a related field may be substituted for up to two years of the
required experience. -
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Oklahoma City , Accounting Coordinator, Community Corrections Regional Office, Administration, Clerical , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!