Senior Tax Accountant
Company: OGE Energy Corp.
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Performs professional accounting functions using generally accepted
accounting principles in areas including budgets, financial,
taxation, property, gas, energy trading, and/or compliance.
- Prepare various components of the monthly and quarterly ASC 740
(formerly FAS 109 and FIN 48) accruals including the calculation of
book to tax differences, tax basis balance sheets, and income tax
- Prepare various components of the quarterly Income tax accruals
prepared for the FERC regulated entities including the calculation
of book to tax differences, and tax basis balance sheets.
- Assist with the preparation of various regulatory filings (FERC
Form 1) and assist in rate cases for regulated business units.
- Assist with tax research and planning, analyzing tax law,
documenting positions, monitoring state and local law changes and
assessing impact to company as needed
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of tax provision
- Complete tax compliance tasks as assigned.
- Contribute to a high performance culture for the Tax
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or degree with 30 hours of
- Five (5) years direct experience in tax accounting or tax
- Valid State Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make independent
- Ability to recognize, analyze and solve complex accounting
- In depth knowledge and experience in Accounting and of the
- CPA Certification, advanced degree, or Juris Doctorate
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and
- Office environment
- May be required to work non-standard hours Special Safety
All positions in which driving is an essential function of the job,
regardless if the job code is marked safety sensitive or not, will
also be included as safety sensitive. Individuals in positions in
which driving is an essential function are subject to the terms and
conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.'s Drug Testing Plan.
OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE: OGE), is headquartered in Oklahoma City and
is the parent company of Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company
(OG&E), a regulated electric utility serving more than 815,000
customers in Oklahoma and western Arkansas. In addition, OGE holds
26.3 percent limited partner interest and 50 percent general
partner interest in Enable Midstream Partners, LP.OG&E serves
more than 815,000 retail customers in Oklahoma and western
Arkansas, and a number of wholesale customers throughout the
region. OG&E, with about 6,900 megawatts of capacity, generates
electricity from natural gas, western coal, and wind. OG&E's
electric transmission and distribution systems span 30,000 square
Keywords: OGE Energy Corp., Oklahoma City , Senior Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!