Senior Payroll Analyst
Company: Enable Midstream Energy Partners
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation and
distribution of payroll and time. Review and analyze the
computation of pay and ensure the company payroll policies are in
accordance with government regulations. Respond to and resolve any
inquiries regarding payroll and time.
This position requires comprehensive knowledge within a functional
area. Performs work under general direction and work is reviewed
upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives and ensuring
compliance with processes, standards and policies of the
organization. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of
difficult and complex problems. Solutions are imaginative,
thorough, practical and consistent with the objectives of the
organization. This position may train and mentor less experienced
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Process and reconcile bi-weekly payrolls for each of the
company's payroll groups, ensuring all benefits, taxes and other
deductions are made in accordance with regulations and/or employee
* Provide expert guidance in all facets of federal, state and local
tax processing and reporting in compliance with all regulatory and
governing agencies as well as company policies and procedures.
* Research and maintain compliance with all statutory payroll
reporting and filing requirements.
* Ensure that all deductions and adjustments for loans,
garnishments, payroll advances, workers compensation, overpayments,
underpayments, etc. are made in a timely and accurate manner.
* Prepare and reconcile required reports and check requests to
* Assist in analysis and resolution of processing and data problems
as they occur during the processing of payroll.
* Coordinate activities and reconcile payroll information with
Compensation, Benefits and Accounting staff as needed to ensure
balancing of all systems and accounts.
* Ensure proper documentation and accounting of all payroll
* Prepare special and unique reports and analyses for various
departments, as needed.
* Assist in the research, planning, coordination and implementation
of various Payroll and Time & functions.
* Participate in the testing of time system, payroll processes and
* Participate in testing for end users on specific operational
processes and procedures.
* Print, sort and distribute payroll hours reports for verification
* Review hours reported, prepare discrepancy reports and follow up
with employees on missing time information.
* Verify that all hours and other data have been accurately input
and download the information to Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
* Perform and document internal controls to comply with federal,
state and local law and rulings (Sarbanes-Oxley Act, SEC) internal
processes and Company policies.
* Analyze data, prepare journal entries and assist in the
preparation of various accounting schedules, reports, filings,
returns and/or statements on a timely basis.
* Interact with auditors on various matters, specifically,
preparation of audit schedules and reviews.
* Assist with monthly quarterly and year-end-reporting.
* May be required to support Time and Attendance administration,
reporting and analysis from time to time.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in a business field, i.e. Accounting, Finance,
General Business, etc.
* Five (5) years directly related experience in
processing/administering payroll(s) and time. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
* Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local tax law and
regulation as it pertains to payroll processing.
* Ability to distill data into concise and easily understood
concepts and recommendations.
* Analytical skills and experience; ability to solve a range of
routine and straightforward problems, analyze possible solutions
using standard procedures.
* Data management skills; ability to audit, format, and analyze
large data sets.
* Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define
problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
* Ability to distill data and analysis into high-level reports and
* Strong collaboration skills in order to partner effectively
across various levels of the organization.
* Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to
communicate at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to effectively handle pressures and demands of deadlines
and competing priorities.
* Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks, respond well to
changing priorities, pay attention to detail and demonstrate
effective time management and organizational skills.
* Strong computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft applications
and other related software.
* Ability to synthesize, analyze and summarize data using
fundamental business theories, principles and concepts.
* Ability to interface with and effectively communicate with all
levels of leadership.
* Ability to interface with diverse personalities and receive
instruction, guidance and direction from others.
* Ability to identify moderate to complex issues and apply creative
solutions; make recommendations to solve complex problems.
* Experience working with ADP or other similar third-party payroll
* Knowledge of SAP.
* Strong PC skills in MS Office software.
* Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively in speech and
writing with all levels of Company members/management.
* Knowledge of applicable state and federal taxes and other
* Sedentary to light work exerting up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to view computer screen, sit, stand or walk for long
periods of time.
* Ability to operate a computer, copy machine, fax machine,
calculator, telephone and other miscellaneous office equipment.
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner. WORKING CONDITIONS
* Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment with
high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed or required to
meet established deadlines.
* Ability to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of
whether cubicle, open office or private office.
* Subject to normal office noise levels.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Payroll, ERP, Law, SAP, Compliance, Finance,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Enable Midstream Energy Partners, Oklahoma City , Senior Payroll Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!