Senior Operations Advisor
Company: the Chickasaw Nation
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
\*\*\*\*Position can be hybrid with offices available in OKC or
Ada. Will require light travel.\*\*\*\**CHICKASAW NATION*
*DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE**Office of Operational Performance &
Analysis**Job Title: * Sr. Operational Performance & Analysis
Advisor *General Definition: * The Sr. Operational Performance &
Analysis Advisor is an expert in identifying the "why" of business
performance for the business domain(s) they support. This knowledge
and understanding is leveraged to drive analysis and provide
actionable information to senior executives. *MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS: **Education: ** Master's Degree in Accounting,
Business Administration, Statistics, Quantitative Analysis,
Analytics, or related field required.
* Seven plus (7+) years of experience in highly technical business,
operational, or statistical analysis for senior executives or
related field required. *Training and Experience: ** Four (4) years
of accounting and finance experience required.
* Four (4) years of experience in budgeting and financial reporting
* Two (2) years supervisory experience required.
* Two (2) years of IBM Cognos or equivalent experience
* Gaming and Retail accounting experience preferred. *Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities: ** PC Proficient: advanced knowledge of all
Microsoft Office software (Project, Access, Excel, Word, Power
Point, Outlook, etc.).
* Strong knowledge of business analysis, accounting and finance
fundamentals, policies, controls, best practices and management
* Must have the ability to lead and assist a wide range of
customers, from Executive level to Line of Business, in meeting
their business objectives.
* Ability to understand the correlation of the major financial
statements and the fundamentals behind the consolidated values in
accordance with GAAP.
* Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong understanding of management reporting and analysis
tools/systems, and database management.
* Ability to find practical solutions while analyzing complex data
and managing complex projects.
* Highly organized with exceptional prioritization skills.
* Strong business skills including excellent analytical skills,
decision making/problem solving skills, and forecasting skills.
*Essential Job Functions: *· Prioritize and lead
value-determination, validation of new projects, and other
initiatives. · Analyze GL controllable expenses to reduce cost and
maximize revenue; present insight and recommendations to senior
management · Perform financial analysis, statistical analysis,
variance analysis, trend analysis, feasibility analysis, scenario
analysis, and ad hoc analysis for operational objectives and goals.
(Model/Project complexity is advanced.)· Ad Hoc Business Analysis -
Respond to senior executive inquiries about the 'why' of business
performance, and support growth initiatives (example expansion of
new facilities, optimization of operations, cost/benefit analysis
of operations, break-even analysis of financial plans); research
details and analyze financial and non-financial drivers. (Analysis
complexity is advanced. Most analyses will include 7+ independent
variables.)· Utilize business analytics platforms (TM1) in order to
source data for business and financial analysis. · Create financial
forecasts (example Fifteen Day Forecast to project the end of month
close financial picture) to enable senior executives to make
critical financial decisions. 10+ business centers covered.
(Forecast complexity is advanced, with a high accuracy level under
all business conditions.)· Thought leader in defining a
standardized methodology and technology to streamline how CNDC
conducts financial analysis in a consistent and accurate way. ·
Conduct business analysis by reviewing and analyzing operating
budgets and costs as well as provide assistance to individual
department heads to analyze business costs with the result of
recommending solutions to impact overall costs and expenses. 10+
business centers covered. · Facilitate requirements-gathering
sessions with stakeholders. · Provide technical clarification and
direction about project requirements as well as provide education,
mentorship, and support related to business analysis tools to
Operations staff. · Provide guidance, expertise and education to
other Operational Performance & Analysis team members. · Ensures
the business operators understand 'why' the business performed a
certain way and guides the organization on how to improve and
maximize performance. · Interprets and communicates complex
financial information to non-financial managers. · Contributes to
medium and long-term business planning with the use of cost-benefit
analysis in conjunction with a knowledge of the business
environment. · Ensures proper assessments are made of the financial
implications of business proposals and identification of the
proposal's financial risks. · Lead or assist initiatives intended
to improve our understanding of our customer's requirements related
to the achievement of performance objectives. · Is adaptive and can
work well in a highly collaborative environment, or work a solo
project to completion. · Performs all other duties and special
projects as assigned. *Licenses/Certifications/Other: ** CMA, CFA
or CPA certification required.
* Must be able to pass background check and receive a gaming
license from the Chickasaw Nation office of the Gaming Commission
as required to work in gaming operations.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative
result. *Physical Requirements: * Must be able to sit for extended
periods of time *Work Environment: * Office setting Job Type:
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday Education:
* Master's (Preferred) Experience:
* accounting and finance: 4 years (Preferred)
* budgeting and financial reporting: 4 years (Preferred)
* supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
* IBM Cognos: 2 years (Preferred) License/Certification:
* CMA, CFA, or CPA (Preferred) Work Location: One location
Keywords: the Chickasaw Nation, Oklahoma City , Senior Operations Advisor, Accounting, Auditing , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!