Senior Payroll Specialist
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 26, 2022
About ToptalToptal is a global network of top freelance talent
in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale
their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and
over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world's largest fully
remote company.We take the best elements of virtual teams and
combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation,
social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast
pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.Position DescriptionAs
a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will be a part of Toptal's
fast-paced environment while continuously demonstrating world-class
customer service. In this role, time management and the ability to
prioritize tasks comes naturally to you, ensuring efficiency with
every detail you handle and complete. We value outstanding service
and exceptional communication.Your professional interpersonal
skills, both written and verbal, will shine through with every
interaction. Through your attention to detail and the emphasis you
place on service standards, discrepancies will be resolved
appropriately. The capacity to explain payment transaction details
is critical to ensuring business relationships remain strong and
Core team members feel valued. You understand the impact
exceptional service truly has on your own success, as well as the
strengthening of business relationships. You set the bar high and
work daily to push the limits when it comes to service
standards.This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide
visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in
English.ResponsibilitiesWe expect you to bring a can-do spirit to
work with you daily. You will always be professional in your
communication, whether working with our internal teams or members
of the Talent Network. Your natural ability to be organized will be
evident as you see tasks to completion with efficiency. You will
use the provided internal tools and payment applications to
complete daily tasks and continuously look for ways to better
utilize resources. You will assist with financial reconciliations,
document control, and other basic payroll and clerical functions to
support the overall business. You will approach every challenge
with a positive attitude and view problems as an opportunity for
improvement. Your team, talents, and others will know they can
always count on you to provide exceptional service and uphold the
Toptal reputation.In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal's history, culture, and
vision, with a heavy focus on how finance operates at Toptal.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of
Toptal's operations and capabilities.In The First Month, Expect To
- Learn to process and adjust payments to our team members.
- Train to understand payroll and other related functions as
- Provide support to our team members related to payroll
- Processing payroll with minimal oversight assistance.In The
First Three Months, Expect To
- Process payroll independently with minimal to no oversight
(with the exception of a review).
- Research and respond to payroll related ad hoc issues with
- Be a trusted contact around the organization for payroll
- Be comfortable in knowing what needs to be escalated for
support vs. empowered on what to own and drive.
- Maintain updates of payroll dashboard metric management
information.In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Be the process Lead of US and International Core Team
- Identify process and documentation improvements with a plan for
potential solution implementation.In The First Year, Expect To
- Ensure all process documentation is reviewed and additional
processes are documented.
- Evaluate the efficiency of the current operational processes
and make recommendations.Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in full cycle, high volume
- Experience with payroll taxes, payroll journal entries and
- Intermediate knowledge of payroll & accounting principles.
- Ability to learn business processes and utilize resources.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to avoid complexity and build simplified and intuitive
- Strong professional skepticism, including the capability to
challenge assumptions/calculations, communicate limitations and
flag blind spots.
- Ownership ability of assigned tasks and duties, taking
responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of
- Self-motivated, able to be hands-on when analyzing,
interpreting, and deriving insights into issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at
Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to
do.For Toptal Use Only: #west #midwest #ussouth #northeast
Keywords: Toptal, Oklahoma City , Senior Payroll Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!