Plant Cost Accountant (Financial Lead for the Site)
Company: Smith & Nephew
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Reporting to the Director, Finance Business Partner, the Plant Cost
Accountant is responsible for managing the standard costing
function for the site. Areas of support include reporting,
analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and capital justification. The
candidate for this role must have a high level of expertise in
financial analysis, product costing, and be an SAP expert.
Strategic thinking and leadership skills are a must. This is a
highly visible finance role, which requires significant
cross-functional collaboration with supply chain, procurement,
operations, and quality. As such, the right candidate for this role
will have a strong business acumen, leadership skills, the ability
to think strategically, and previous experience working in a cross
functional environment. Additionally, this is an exciting
opportunity for someone to innovate and optimize processes.
- Leverage expertise around SAP transactions and variance
calculations (work order flow, WIP transactions, production order
variances, scrap variances, and planning variances) to ensure
standard costing system is accurate and current
- Complete necessary month-end closing processes and analysis.
Monthly accruals, variance analysis, period closing process, and
extensive support of operations with ad hoc analysis are
- Prepare and execute a thorough planning, forecasting and
- Work across multiple initiatives simultaneously and process
complex data to generate relevant insight and solve problems.
Multi-task in a fast paced and changing environment
- Evaluate competing scenarios and advise the business leaders to
choose the most advantageous path forward
- Intervene and challenge the business when appropriate
- Develop and improve business processes
- Ensure that all decisions are made in accordance with company
policies and GAAP.
Oklahoma City, OK
BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
SAP is a plus
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of manufacturing cost accounting
experience in a standard costing environment
- No less than 5 years knowledge of SAP system
- Strong analytical skills and practical application of finance
knowledge required. Areas of support include reporting, analysis,
budgeting, forecasting, and capital justification.
- Keen understanding of general ledger transactions and cost
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and decision making
- Excellent multi-tasking and critical thinking skills
- Knowledgeable of best practices and how finance integrates with
- Strong/Advanced in Excel (Macros knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to solve complex issues in a timely and efficient
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Keywords: Smith & Nephew, Oklahoma City , Plant Cost Accountant (Financial Lead for the Site), Accounting, Auditing , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!